The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 15, 2001, 11:07 AM   #1
Alan R

would you buy it?

I spoke with the owner of Leadhead bullets (Tommy Mace) this morning about offering a Keith design 255 gr. SWC in 45 colt (not the generic magma 255 SWC you can find everywhere). Tommy is willing to do so based on market demand – the moulds cost him $1200 so he obviously wants to justify the expense. Per John Taffin, the RCBS 45-255 is the mould that best duplicates the Keith design and Tommy is willing to use this mould. I’m going to post this question on several reloading boards to see if a demand for a good, economical Keith bullet exists. From all that I’ve read and the e-mails that I have exchanged with shooters, Leadhead bullets are of excellent quality as is their alloy blend.

Tell me what you think! Would you buy the Keith SWC?
Old May 15, 2001, 11:41 AM   #2
JohnK

I'd buy them. In fact I just did purchase some 44 caliber 250gr Keiths from Leadhead a couple weeks ago.

I'd like to see 300gr Keiths in 44 and 45 from them, but with that expense for the moulds and the LBT design being the rage these days I can see why Leadhead wouldn't want to invest in them.

John
http://www.handloads.com
Old May 15, 2001, 11:49 AM   #3
Alan R

Hi John -

Tommy mentioned several shooters who really like the 250 gr. KT 44 SWC. You must be one of them!

Hopefully, the interest expressed will be enough to encourage Tommy to order the moulds.

Alan
Old May 15, 2001, 11:59 AM   #4
Alan R

Hi John -

Tommy mentioned several shooters who really like the 250 gr. KT 44 SWC. You must be one of them!

Hopefully, the interest expressed will be enough to encourage Tommy to order the moulds.

Alan
Old May 15, 2001, 10:08 PM   #5
jsr5

I can understand why the bullet designes I like sometimes arent offered at $1200 for moulds.

I also would like to see keith type offered in 300 gr .45 cal though. I don't really intend to load as light as 255 gr. in my casull.

just my opinnion.
Old May 16, 2001, 12:13 AM   #6
JohnK

Jsr5, go to http://www.proshootpro.com (home of Leadhead Bullets) and let them know that you'd like to see 300 gr Keith bullets in 45 caliber. If they don't hear from customers, or potential customers, they aren't likely to expand their line up.

John
http://www.handloads.com