The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 28, 2010, 12:10 AM   #1
Beowulf5505

shooting/tactical gloves

well i finally found a set that works! i have gone through five or six different types of tactical gloves and none of them seemed to hold up that well.

I had tried 5-11, oakley, hatch, and several other random ones that showed up in the store but they all seemed to split at the seams after a few weeks of heavy use. finally i picked up these ( http://www.rideicon.com/product_deta...=3431&id=11980 ) at the px and they are working great! easy to shoot with, extremely comfortable, and they seem to offer good protection.

they are actually motorcycle riding gloves, not tactical gloves. I think the company should start trying to expand into the police/military market and advertise them as a shooting glove.

I have been using them for about a month now and they still look great. the only ones that lasted this long before were some hatch fast rope gloves that cost a ton.

they seem to resist abrasion very well, a couple weeks ago at pt we did bear crawls across the parking lot and i was the only one who did not tear my gloves!

I am waiting to see how well they handle wet as i have not worn them when really wet yet but i will try to keep you guys updated when that happens.
Old November 28, 2010, 08:44 AM   #2
dusterdude

thats not a bad idea,i have a set of olympus gloves that i wore when i used to dragrace my bike,i think ill try them next time i go shooting and see how well they do.
Old November 28, 2010, 09:44 AM   #3
Bud Helms

I use motorcycle gloves too. I've also used Mechanix brand.
Old November 28, 2010, 11:31 AM   #4
Jo6pak

I have two pair of Icon Puruit Gloves. One pair for riding and the other I bought for paintball and shooting. They work really well for both.

One test I like to do with any "tactical" glove is to see if I can load a pistol magazine while wearing them. Not just swapping mags, but actually loading individual rounds into the mag
Old December 1, 2010, 09:33 PM   #5
10-96

Another batch of suprisingly great performers are wheelchair gloves. One's with full fingers are a bit hard to find here in the South, but like the MC gloves- the makers tend to know what kind of abuse the gloves are going to take.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old December 4, 2010, 04:57 AM   #6
Combatshop

I have a pair of Blackhawks Fury Commandos. They are very rugged but comfortable. I would recommend them.