The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you ever dealt with TGSCOM before?
What was your experience? 0 0%
How long ago did you deal with them? 0 0%
Have you ever heard negative comments? 0 0%
Would you consider dealing with them? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 23, 2011, 06:26 PM   #26
snipecatcher

TGSCOM, the TikkaPrecision.com site to be specific is one of the worst dealings I've had of any type to this day. Long story short, when I ordered, I was promised my item was in stock. A while later, I check and their website shows out of stock. I called and was told that my item was backordered for an indefinite amount of time.

I canceled my order, and was charged a restocking fee, which came out to about $95. They didn't have to "re-stock" anything as it never left them in the first place. I called and complained, it did nothing. I filed a complaint with my bank, and TGSCOM sent them someone else's order info, and my bank obviously didn't even look at the paperwork.

TGSCOM still has $95 of MY money that I will never get back. The best I can hope to do is lose them as much money as possible by letting you guys know what kind of business they run.

Regards,
-Dan
Old February 22, 2012, 02:02 PM   #27
jimokc

TGSCOM?

Fir those that havde been able to contact them and gotten through can someone share the magical phone number that works? I have gotten no response from emails or calling them just sit on hold.
Old February 23, 2012, 01:24 PM   #28
RetiredUSAF50

TGSCOM

I placed an order for a Walther PPQ 40 back on Jan 24. It never came and started getting worried. I called a few times and got helpful customer service reps. All of a sudden whenever called I would get voice mail and this lasted for a about a week. Finally last week (saturday) I got someone on the line and she was very helpful. She explained they had upgraded their phone system and the lines were down during that process. She also informed me of the fact that they are experiencing delays in receivng product from their suppliers and have changed their return ploicy as a result of the delays. She told me I could cancel my order for a FULL REFUND, no restocking fees. I got my full refund this past Tuesday. Although I did not get what I wanted when I wanted it from them, I was very pleased with customer service. I also did in fact get my Walther from somewhere else during the process, paid more but hey, I got my gun.
Old March 18, 2012, 07:02 AM   #29
iojamika

I would not recommend ordering anything from any of thier 300+ websites. I wish I could say more but I don't want to be sued. Just please stick with a more reputable company like Midway, Cabelas, or Cheaper than Dirt, don't let the low-ish price tag lure you.
Old April 26, 2012, 04:28 PM   #30
mriordan

TGSCOM

Add me to the list of those that won't do business from them again on a dare. I looked at the postings, and believed the positive ones.

I ordered several items from them that were "in stock", they confirmed my order, accepted my payment and advised they would email me when shipped.

2 weeks later, no email from them, no change in order status on their website, nothing....I attempted to call them but their automated "Customer Service" advises you to enter the 3 digit number given you by a "Customer Service" representative...if you don't have one and don't enter anything, it just hangs up on you...

I used their email send an inquiry about my order....at that time I was sent a reply that said they were experiencing a delay in getting items from their suppliers...mind you this is after 2 weeks...okay, I'll keep my fingers crossed

Now, a month later, still no merchandise, and after I made contact again, the same delay from a supplier. I have attempted to cancel my order but they simply don't respond or return money.

Avoid these people like the Plague.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:52 AM   #31
sumguy

not happy. Will never order from them or their affiliate sites again. 2, 10/22 mags and striplula all items listed as in stock. Its been 12 business days (5/2/12) and the order is still listed as "processing". I have also ordered from Brownell's, Amazon, OpticsPlanet, and Midway since then and already have my orders. If the order status hasn't changed by the 25th, will cancel and dispute any cancellation fees with my CC. It doesn't appear I've been billed yet.
Old July 7, 2012, 05:55 PM   #32
Ralph Lauretano

re: TGS.com

New member introducing myself. My old CB handle is "HUNTER", but my name is Ralph, a 73 year old 2nd amendment patriotic, conservative/Christian, former Coast Guard, Air Force and Navy veteran.

Been a hunter/fisher/camper/canoeist/pilot/motorcycle owner-rider. Played drums in a dance band and a radio orchestra/play guitar, harmonica, piano to entertain myself.

Love guns and knives and have a very large collection of each. Nothing fancy or expensive, just what pleases me. Am a member of a local shooting range and a hunting & fishing Rotary International fellowship club member.

I have 2 grown daughters who I taught to shoot, and have 3 grand kids, 2 boys & a girl. I taught them to shoot, and took the oldest out on his first pig hunt when he became 16, and he shot the biggest pig of the weekend in a bunch of gown men hunting with us.

I got involved with this forum because I saw the anti-TGSCOM notices posted herein. I, too, have been taken advanatage of by that outfit. I paid for several items in March of 2012, that were never sent, and cannot contact them at all for a refund of my money. They have disappered and owe me the items I ordered and paid for, or at the least to refund my money they took from me.

If anyone out there knows how to contact them, please let me know. Their web site doesn't respond. Their phone numbers and fax numbers don't go through. Their snail-mail addressed letters get returned with no forwarding address. My experience with them is that they are not responsible business people, and have wronged me personally. This is not hear-say. I have been cheated by them.

Hope you all vote this November, and fight to preserve our 2nd amendment rights, and our country. God bless America.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; July 7, 2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Remove Politics
Old July 8, 2012, 01:09 AM   #33
sumguy

Their shopping website works (www.thegunsource.com) but everything appears to be out of stock. The order verification and contact websites (tgscom.com) are down. Like you, my mail was returned as unclaimed.
Pretty sure they are closed for good.
Old July 8, 2012, 09:34 AM   #34
Manson

My first bad experience was trying to figure out how to vote in the OP's poll.

I have dealt with two different companies that fall under the TGS umbrella. Both were not the best experience. While I question the use of the term scam, I certainly had less than speedy service. One order took six weeks the other three. And customer service should be renamed feeble excuse central. I would not recommend them.

ETA: I almost forgot. The plus side of TGS performance is that we seem to have several new members. Welcome all.
Old July 8, 2012, 05:52 PM   #35
fehhkk

Also known as Midwest Hunters Outlets. Only thing I bought from them, were to HK45 magazines, and they shipped them after about 4-5 days. Then I try to buy a night sight installation tool, and the order was never fulfilled after waiting for 7 days.