The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 8, 2012, 12:18 AM   #26
Pfletch83

Well for an HD or smallgame gun it should do just fine,and the .45 colt can put a deer in the freezer.

A person doesn't have to worry about a magazine spring wearing out over time.

And it can be used one handed if the need should arise,also there isn't as much of a worry about jamming as long as you stick to U.S. made ammo (some of the stuff from other countries has been known to be out of spec)

But the problem of shell hulls not completely ejecting can be overcome through training,a quick swipe and it's clear.

There are also speed loaders on the market for the Judge (though some modifications might be needed I haven't checked up on that in awhile)

I don't have a problem with the weapon.

Please post pics when/if you get yours.
Old December 8, 2012, 09:41 AM   #27
WV_gunner

5 star makes speed loaders for these. You have to modify the stock for it work. I suggest modifying it anyways so it will eject all 5 shells at once unless you plan to use the plug.