The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 11, 2012, 03:40 PM   #1
customaquatics

my new future carry gun :)

since i live in illinois i do have the opertunity to think about my possible future carry gun. well i did buy a Kel Tec p-11 for such prupose, i was at the gun shop looking at the small firearms. the first one to get my attention was a glock 30 for $460 "used" but by the time i could say something a guy said sold "facepalm" so i was looking some more. now im the proud owner of the Springfield XD-S 45 acp for $540 an they are the 5 round mags. i can't wait till it gets paid off an we finally get ccl! an i did trade the Kel-Tec on the Springfield since the Kel-Tec is BNIB i got it this past saturday an i got my money back on it.
23 year old NRA member AKaholic #158907 , 1942 Ex-Sniper Izzy Mosin Nagant, 1970's Marlin 30-30, Remington 870 tatical, Charter Arms The Pink Lady 38 Special.
Old October 11, 2012, 06:08 PM   #2
vyse.04

Yeah, it's hard to understand why Illinois is behind the times as far as gun ownership goes. I will be transferring in January though, so their gun laws will no longer effect me. Still, I hope things change in the next year or so. Which shop did you buy your XDS from?
Old October 11, 2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Smit

I also live in Illinois, and yes the carry law is frustrating. Wanna know why our state is behind on the times? Chicago shootings. Im glad I dont live in Southern Illinois because i would probably be downright furious with the law. Totally different environment in just a 4 hour drive north or south.
Old October 11, 2012, 08:54 PM   #4
TunnelRat

Quote:
Wanna know why our state is behind on the times? Chicago shootings.
Shouldn't that be a reason to allow more carry holders? It's not like the law is stopping the criminals. Why it's almost like those criminals have no respect for the law at all.
Maintain situational awareness
Old October 11, 2012, 08:59 PM   #5
Smit

I completely agree, and i could go on for days how the law punishes law-abiding citizens and not the criminals themselves but that's neither here nor there. Oh well, I guess I could always move to wisconsin......
Old October 11, 2012, 09:42 PM   #6
Comancheseven

I know about Southern Illinois, I was born in Cairo. And If I went back for any reason you can bet that I would have my weapon with me. And yes I can carry concealed legally (have a National Concealed Carry Permit) That town is like a war zone. Thank God my Mom moved us to Colorado back in 1965.
Old October 11, 2012, 10:20 PM   #7
bitttorrrent

Wow, I didn't know IL went down that far.

Too bad you grew up in a war zone, but good for your Mom to move. People should if they have kids.

I live in Chicago and I know some areas like that, but I live on Northwest side so is very nice.

Also nice you have a national carry permit - those are hard to get. With Chicago here, I wouldn't run out and buy my CC gun yet. I'll just transfer my residence to my summer house in MI - a lot quicker. Still nothing for Chicago, but for some other areas it would work.