The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old August 24, 2005, 08:30 AM   #1
TennesseeMedic

Need a gas valve for Yugo 59/66

I need to replace the gas valve on my Yugo SKS 59/66. Who would be a good dealer? I've looked on the Numrich page but I can't locate the part. Would it be called anything other than a gas valve? Any help and/or information would be greatly appreciated. I disassembled the rifle and placed a nitrile o-ring between the valve and the tube. I then fired 20 rounds with no jams or malfunctions, on the 21st round it began to jam on every round. I'm tempted to try the "BB" method of sealing the hole, does anyone know the correct size of the hole in the valve? A standard .177 "BB" is 4.5mm. Thanks in advance!

Doc

Last edited by TennesseeMedic; August 24, 2005 at 02:04 PM. Reason: needed different header
Old August 24, 2005, 10:45 PM   #2
railroader

I think it isn't a BB they are refering to but a large ball bearing slightly larger than the large opening of the gas valve. You are trying to open up the large end of the valve so it seals better. One thing to remember if you order a gas valve it will probably be used so who knows what you will get. Mark
Old August 24, 2005, 11:49 PM   #3
Limeyfellow

Numrich don't have any Yugo 59/66 gas valves in stock.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.as...ductSKU=842810 is the valve part while 842820 and 842830 is the spring and button for the valve.

I don't know of anyone else that sell the part though.
Old August 25, 2005, 12:31 AM   #4
TennesseeMedic

Thanks

Thanks alot Railroader and Limeyfellow, your information is most helpful. I hope I can return the favor someday!

Doc