The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old March 19, 2010, 07:12 PM   #1
uncledewey

last day-last hour

2009 - 2010 season. I nailed this doe the last hour of the last day of our season here in Ohio. I shot this doe at 22 yds with a rage (3 blade). Shattered the front should and dropped in her tracks. This was a sweet day because I was out of meat from the 7 point I killed on Oct. 1st. Ist was 6 degrees that afternoon with a 17 mph wind, but I was snug as a bug in my heater bodu suit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg del 2010 127.jpg (242.6 KB, 53 views)
Old March 19, 2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Gbro

Way to hang in there!
There is a lot more enjoyment out of a hunt that takes time, than filling out right away. Of course that is if one likes the hunt better than the size of the bag.
My 1st trip out west 16<> years ago, I told my partner that I may not even load my rifle on the opening morning. He told me not to worry, that if he saw 2 he was going to put them both down. We came to my agreement that he was NOT going to fill my tag as it was also against the law, but after dreaming about hunting the Great West i didn't want it to be over to soon.
I remember years deer hunting that i finally put one down on the last day. It is very rewarding, and a little sad also, as the deer almost made it