The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 12, 2012, 06:24 PM   #1
warningshot

SR22 & 1974 Ammo Report

No Problems! Can you believe it? No misifirs, no jams, no hangfires, no double strikes, no nothing, just blam blam blam. I came across some .22 ammo my Dad squirred away in 1974. Why wait any longer, right? 200 Remington & Winchester round nose, Federal Hollow points, I even shot-up 100 rounds of Monkey Wards lead round nose, all flawless.

At an earlier session, the SR22 proved 100% reliability with hundreds of Remington sub-sonics as well. If you're on the fence don't wait for the price to go down, but know this. While the gun was great, with my big thumb, I inadvertently engaged the safety more than once, and the slide stop and hammer drop lever are opposite of what is on a Sig 226R. And if you pound a couple hundred .22 rounds down range and then switch to a Sig 226 you might think someone converted your Sig to a .44 Magnum.
Old October 12, 2012, 06:38 PM   #2
ritepath

My first 500 rounds were 15yo federal bulk HP's that I'd had sitting around forever in a range bag. Not one failure, not even a dud in the bunch.

I've fed it 6 different types of ammo so far...not one problem.

I also tried some 22 longs. They even cycle >70% of the time.