The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old March 29, 2011, 06:38 PM   #1
hehawboy

walther gsp or pardini

Ok so a want to buy a good gun but can't decide so I would like your opinion on either one pro's and con's to help me decide Thanks Mike
Old March 29, 2011, 08:31 PM   #2
4EVERM-14

I have fired the Pardini but not the Walther. The Pardini is impressive. As is it's price tag. The grip angle was in between a 1911 and the classic european design which I liked.
Another place to get opinions is Target Talk forum at Pilk guns. They are heavy into international style shooting.
Distinguished Rifleman #731
Presidents 100
Old May 16, 2011, 10:25 PM   #3
ForneyRider

There's a pardini on gunbroker right now. Cheaper than a new GSP. Benelli has one on gunsamerica.com for $850(may be expired add).
Old May 17, 2011, 12:04 PM   #4
FlyFish

I shoot GSPs in bullseye competition - I have one of them in .22 and one in .32 S&W, and several of the other members of my team have them as well. They're magnificent guns - very accurate and very, very dependable. I have never had to fire an alibi string in .22 gallery competition and I'm one of those guys who doesn't believe in cleaning a .22 target gun more than once a season or so.

I'm less familiar with the Pardini, but have heard nothing but good things about them. The Pardini has more of a "dropped wrist" grip, which some like and others don't. I believe the bore axis is lower relative to the grip in the Pardini as well, which should reduce felt recoil and muzzle flip. I think the choice comes down to what feels best for you and you should try to shoot both of them before you make a decision. I don't think you can go far wrong either way.

You may also want to take a look at the new(ish) Walther SSP, which has some of the ergonomic advantages of the Pardini. I think the bugs are pretty well worked out of them by now.