The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 3, 2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Cool_Hand

Caution about dealing with Tyler Manufacturing (T-grips, Trigger Shoes)

So May 05 I ordered a T-grip for my j frame. To make a long story short they were sending it to the wrong address and it was getting sent back to them. They didnt make the connection and were telling me the whole time it hadn't been shipped yet and never was. Finally I asked them what they had down for my address and sure enough it was wrong. Well thats fine but that was a month ago we sorted that out. Was assured right when they found out the mistake that he would make me one special that night and ship it out in the morning. Well I let a week go by still nothing. Call back the next week and im told that hell ship me one priority mail and I should have it in the next 2 days. Full week goes by and still nothing. Call back and im told that he has Brushed number 1 t grips for j frames on hand ready to ship and hell ship it priority mail. Well this week has gone by and still nothing. Just called back and the woman on the other line said all she can do is refund my money. When I reply I dont want a refund I want my t grip I ordered she replied, "sorry there is nothing I can do". The best I got was "Ill leave you a message for Brian". I dont care how good their product is, it's the last T-Grip ill ever buy. Just a fair warning to anyone looking to do business with them, I would steer clear and look for an alternative for grips.
Old September 3, 2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Microgunner

Sorry to hear of your woes. I've had good luck with them in the past.
Old September 3, 2010, 09:08 PM   #3
Tom Servo
Staff

They're still a small outfit, and things can happen. This site has many of the Tyler grips available for immediate shipping, and I've had great dealings with them.
Old November 20, 2010, 12:55 AM   #4
mtngunr

for the record...

their website has had up for a while the news the owner had health problems, family who had other jobs were also frantically trying to get things caught up, and that owner's way of keeping track of orders was basically a mystery to those trying to step in, so a lot of things probably got fouled up....I still ordered one late OCT, and will wait calmly the 6-8wks they tell me to expect....
Old March 26, 2011, 02:30 PM   #5
mtngunr

copied/pasted from another thread...

I just heard from them.....the old man, Brian, died, and his kids are scrambling to stay on top of things and are buried...orders and inquiries are coming in faster than they can stick a finger in all the holes in the dike even for replies, and none of them have internet savvy and are trying to get a local college professor to update the site, and they work full time and have no way to write replies to everyone

I wrote a letter and the son called me, as i did give my phone number...the son was desperate....here is the news....they are moving to a larger building, trying to get the 1-800 number everyone knows transferred, and will be in production in a couple of weeks, hopefully....previous orders, invoices, all packed....and he pleads everyone be patient, as they WILL honor orders....if you fear or suspect your order was lost, WRITE them....son is master machinist, but not up to snuff on trying to sort out a business that dad let slide as his health deteriorated, but he is doing his best....hang in there folks....
Old April 12, 2011, 03:23 PM   #6
mrayw

!!!!!!

I bought a t-grip from them last year,they were very good to do business with. I knew up front it would take a while. Would do business with them again!!!
Old April 13, 2011, 11:10 AM   #7
riverwalker76

I bought a trigger shoe for a Remington 870 from them back in August of 2010, and didn't have any problems receiving it.

Something you must keep in mind is that it takes a little patience when you are dealing with small companies that have health issues. If you want their product then you need to be sympathetic with their plight.

I am dealing with a local gunsmith who has family health issues, and have had my rifle with him for a little over 6 weeks. I understand his situation, and realize that my rifle isn't his #1 concern right now. I have faith that everything will get worked out in a month or so, and I will have my rifle back before too long.
Old May 10, 2011, 12:46 AM   #8
mtngunr

they have completed move to mostly finished new address and are getting first batch of back orders out....brushed first, others requiring extra steps in polish or anodize taking longer...

The two or three of them with regular jobs can either answer all the mail and calls, OR make the product, your choice.

If you think order was actually lost, a POLITE letter will be the best choice.
Old July 14, 2011, 08:32 PM   #9
jessegpresley

Has anyone received anything from Tyler? Nobody on the S&W forum has, and mtngnr claims Tyler told him they shipped out a few thousand T-Grips.
Old August 7, 2011, 01:08 PM   #10
Rinspeed

http://www.t-grips.com/