The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old January 26, 2006, 05:35 PM   #1
GLOCK21

IDPA classifier in NE Ohio or W PA

I need to find a classifier in North East Ohio or Western Pennsylvania soon. Can anyone please help me out. I used to shoot in Virginia and have only shot non sanctioned matches since coming to Ohio. Also, can anyone help me with some schedules for 2006 for IDPA and USPSC for this area. I have seen the Castlewood site and will be going there. Does anyone know if memberships are avaiable there this year? I really want to get back into competitive shooting this year. I want to get started shooting sanctioned matches as soon as possible. The local shoots are fun but now it is time for the real thing. Thankyou for all the help!
Old January 27, 2006, 12:28 AM   #2
Lycanthrope

www.castlewoodclays.com

We usually shoot a Classifier at our 1st or 2nd match of the season. Membership is $50 for your first year. You need to e mail teh webmaster before the first Monday in Feb and attend the first monthly meeting to get in this year or wait another 360. PM me if you want a reference.

If Classification is imperative, we'll run an indoor match prior to our outdoor stuff.

How's that for service?

The local USPSA sites are greater Pitt, Clairton and maybe Gem City although East Huntingdon runs the best matches.....

Lots of IDPA in your area.
Old January 27, 2006, 09:02 AM   #3
9mm1033

While at a match, a guy told me he shot at a range in Youngstown. Don't know the name. Maybe this site can help: http://www.wheretoshoot.org/
Old January 28, 2006, 02:18 AM   #4
GLOCK21

Could be Youngstown Pistol Club. I plan on going to the matches there this summer. I want a mambership at Castlewood though.
Old January 28, 2006, 11:29 AM   #5
Lycanthrope

Youngstown pistol is good. The American Range right outside of Niles is also nice for indoor matches.