The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old April 28, 2005, 10:22 AM   #1
techbrute

Just weighing in on SWAT

This is just some feedback from one of your readers.

Your subject matter is great.

I like gear reviews more than gun reviews, typically. After all, how many iterations of a Glock, 1911, AR, or 700 can there possibly be. Most gun mags I see are nothing but another gun "review" paying homage to an advertiser. I like seeing honest gear reviews, month after month.

I love your articles on tactics. Again, a great substitute for castrated gun "reviews." I've gotten some training over the last couple years, but neither have the time nor the money to cover the broad range of your articles with training.

Pat Rogers is one of the major factors to me buying your gun rag. In fact, my first issue of SWAT was picked up because I noticed that Mr Rogers had an article in there. It was the article on SOTech's thigh rigs, IIRC. I've come to appreciate your other writers, as well.

I like the Enemy at the Gate feature. It speaks volumes about your magazine, in general.

Anyway, good job. Keep it up.
Old April 28, 2005, 10:41 AM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

I agree, techbrute. When I get my copy of S.W.A.T., I read Denny Hansen's opening article, then Enemy at the Gate, then flip to the back page and read Louis Awerbuck's closing article. After that I usually hit the review articles, then the feature articles.

I really enjoyed the article on the new Ruger KP345 in the last issue. Nice to see Ruger come out with a semi-auto pistol that's a little slimmer and more ergonomic than their usual "beefy" offerings. I still don't like the fact that their safty is "backward" though. That's the main reason I don't own a Ruger pistol. All my pistols are "down to fire" as God and John Moses Browning intended.

-Dave
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
TheBluesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2005, 11:00 AM   #3
techbrute

Quote:
All my pistols are "down to fire" as God and John Moses Browning intended.
Amen!! Preach it Brother!!