The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 25, 2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Boggle

Leatherwood Sporter Bullet Drop Compensating Scope 3-9x40

Years ago I bought the above mentioned rifle scope, but I lost the booklet that came with it. I would like to place this scope on my 7.62x54 rifle, and am firing the 200grain Wolf round made in Russia. I need to know the dial in for this rifle and round for this scope. Once I have that I know I need to sight it in at 200 yds, then it's frame aim and fire. The scope has a read out on the left side in inches and the right side in meters. Once again it's the Leatherwood Sporter Bullet Drop Compensating Scope in 3-9x40.
Old April 24, 2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Heir Triggar

Hello there, I can look and see what your settings are.

OK for Wolf brand, it does not show this brand. Thought it does call for Power Point, and Soft pointed ammo. The brand they list is Winchester.. However, I am sure it is going to be pretty close. The scope settings is 280 to 290. For this one here, I would say closer to the 290. However you can play at the range and find how your ammo works with the scope. These original books are almost the price of gold!!! I am so thankful, knowing how I file junk, that I still have this book. Just an FYI, I love mine still today. I had it on a 30-06, and loved reaching out and tickeling steel plates, deer, or anyting that needed a good licking.. Still works great even today.

Heir Triggar..