The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 14, 2011, 09:48 PM   #26
TacticalDefense1911

Good thing I like single-stack guns I guess, lol No problems here, unless 8 rounds is too much.

I like the excuse that if you had a cap on magazine capacity then more lives would be saved because the shooter would have to reload. How long exactly does it take to reload a gun and drop the slide? 2-3 seconds? Just another excuse for the anti-gunners to get a foothold. When I actually hear a good argument from an anti-gunner then I will listen...
Old January 14, 2011, 09:54 PM   #27
Dknight16

No stupid 30 round mags for me, but I did just order 2 13 rounders for my Sig and 2 15 rounders for my Glock. Both guns were purchased back in the days of 10 round limits. I have 1 hi-cap mag each that cost me $90 - $100 back then. And never added to my inventory when they became unbanned. I figured I better get them now and enjoy sanity while it lasts. It's so stupid to have to live this way.

Side note: Good thing the moron didn't know how to do a tactical reload. I do like the mug shot though.
Old January 14, 2011, 09:56 PM   #28
Buzzcook

Lots of folk are buying Glock 19s and hi cap mags because now they're "cool".
Old January 15, 2011, 10:39 AM   #29
Skans

I was tempted to buy a few more large capacity magazines....but I refrained. I already have way more than I need. However, there are a couple of drum magazines I'd consider buying right now. Problem is I don't have the guns that they would work in. Perhaps it's not a great idea to buy high-priced doo-dads for guns you think you might want to own some day.

On another note - maybe it's a good time to sell my 20 year old Glock 17 to fund the purchase of a stainless CZ75 with night sights.
Old January 15, 2011, 11:24 AM   #30
Libertad

A few comforting words

True, tragedies like this one often inspire debate over gun control, but I'm not worried about it. There will be a LOT of discussion in on Capitol Hill and in state governments, but fortunately the gun lobby in America is a force to be reckoned with. Gotta love the NRA
Old January 15, 2011, 11:48 AM   #31
Skans

From all of the polls I've seen, most people have common sense and other than blaming the crazy criminal, they are blaming the failure to get this guy psychiactric help. Not too many folks blaming the gun.
Old January 15, 2011, 05:49 PM   #32
ksu499

There is no stomach in Congress for new gun laws, but, that being said, I was curious whether or not all the talk of banning this or that had affected prices for mags of capacities more than 10, so I went out to the MidwayUSA website just to look and found them on sale. So I bought one each for my USP (15 rnd) and my P228 (13 rnd). So, yes, I guess indirectly talk of a ban caused me to buy a couple of hi-cap mags, but I saved $6.
Old January 15, 2011, 06:00 PM   #33
Glenn E. Meyer

Cabela's had plenty of the 30ish Glock mags for $44.99 today and all the usual hicaps.

Tags
extended , hi cap mags , magazine , price