The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 27, 2010, 12:48 AM   #126
jgcoastie

LT3

Well it is painfully obvious that you will do whatever it is that you are doing, regardless of the opinions that YOU solicited for.

It seems to me that anytime multiple people, all having different backgrounds and experiences, are telling you that something does not make sense... It probably doesn't, regardless of the excuses that you tell yourself and others.

Asked and answered... I'm done here.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.
Old April 27, 2010, 02:36 AM   #127
Bamashooter

Last edited by Bamashooter; April 27, 2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old April 27, 2010, 08:31 AM   #128
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Double Naught Spy:
It is obvious by your post that you have neither taken the time to understand or even read the posts on this thread. As such, you comment is irrelevant and serves only to enunciate this fact.

~LT
That is funny given that you explicitly stated that you wanted a lighter gun for better mobility.

Quote:
It's a "light" gun, but I'm always looking for a little bit of a lighter load for mobility when carrying concealed.
Old April 27, 2010, 11:20 AM   #129
LordTio3

woad_yurt:

Quote:
What I did say is that ammo from different makers all have their own performance characteristics. Since they don't perform identically, then it's left to the shooter to adjust in mid-magazine, a completely unnecessary issue because I don't see any benefit to be gained by loading multiple types of ammo in one magazine.

If you've found two different rounds that shoot the same, more power to you. I read what you said but still don't agree that there's any good to be gained by using a varied (characterized by or exhibiting variety) assortment (a mixed collection) of ammo in one's magazine.
Thank you for this. I feel like this is what you've been trying to say all along, but now you've actually said it. You do not see any benefit to be gained by this mode of carry. Simple. Powerful. Logical.
My opinion differs, as I have stated. I have listed many reasons as to why I believe that my cost/benefit ratio feels weighted more strongly in my favor by doing this. Thank you for your contribution. I believe that you and I will agree to disagree without discourse or insult.

For the 3rd time however... 2 does not qualify as an Assortment. I'm looking down, typing without seeing the screen. I see my feet. There is not a "Mixed Collection" of shoes on my feet. There is a pair of black Deer Stags. They are not exactly the same. They differ slightly from one another. Perhaps "a pair of ammo types" is a more accurate term to use from this time forth.

Double Naught Spy:

Quote:
That is funny given that you explicitly stated that you wanted a lighter gun for better mobility.
Quote:
It's a "light" gun, but I'm always looking for a little bit of a lighter load for mobility when carrying concealed.
That you only quoted these 21 words from the multiple thousands of words that I've written regarding weight in particular only further serves to emphasize that you in fact have not read this threat in it's entirety. You further display your lack of total comprehension and I implore you to refrain from attempting this further until you've read enough of it to form a solid argument like woad_yurt has.

I do not think it a coincidence that the sentence you chose to quote was from the Original Post to the thread as I am no fool.

jgcoastie:

Quote:
Well it is painfully obvious that you will do whatever it is that you are doing, regardless of the opinions that YOU solicited for.

It seems to me that anytime multiple people, all having different backgrounds and experiences, are telling you that something does not make sense... It probably doesn't, regardless of the excuses that you tell yourself and others.
Yes it is obvious that I will do what makes sense to me. I believe that was on the first couple of pages. Can you say differently? As far as my solicitation, I asked people for their opinions regarding the issue, and if there were any that have engaged in a similar act. And I calmly and rationally accept or reject these opinions based on their dry logical and rational value. If they either make no rational sense, are irrelevant to the issue at hand, do not fit into my particular system and pose no true value to me, etc... I disregard them as they posess no inherent value to the discussion in question.
I do not "tell excuses". I make rational arguments and points, as anyone with formal education or knowledge regarding mathematical logic will intrinsically understand from reading my posts.
There have been some people on here that have helped me to both challenge and reaffirm my beliefs on this issue and I am truly greatful to those people. But there are many more who are simply offensive and full of logical fallacies. Would I then be wise to allow the majority of the responses mold my opinion as easily?

I would not then be a sheepdog, would I?
~LT
Old April 28, 2010, 12:16 AM   #130
JohnKSa
Staff

Lots of unusual ideas on this thread. And apparently a lot of emotion and ego tied up in them.

The combination is not a good thing and I can't see anything in the future of this thread other than a continuing spiral downward.

Tags
hollow points , magazine , mix , weight , weird