The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 5, 2009, 10:56 PM   #1
bamafan4life

sears and roebuck 200

Hi,

I got a sears and roebuck model 200 pump action 12 gauge yesterday for free, this old lady sold my father this cva bobcat muzzle loader for 35$ yesterday and i was was with him and when we where leaving we asked if she had anymore guns and she said yes and whent inside and walked back out holding a pump action 12 gauge. i said mam how much do you won't for it? she said ''Honey since your the first youngin ive seen in your generation with manners you can take this old broke gun for free'' i thanked her and put it in the tool box. and we whent home, when we returned home i got it out and looked at this gun. she said it was broke and was missing a barrel (she thought all shotguns have 2 but i didnt correct her,). well i could not move the action out of the back position then when i looked it over i saw that it the hammer was in front of the bolt so i just got a punch and drove out the trigger assembly cocked the hammer and put it back in and it works perfect all its missing is the magazine spring. well the barrel had already been cut down to 24'' since i have no use for a 24'' open choke gun i put it in a vice and cut it down to 20'' which is my favoright barrel length for any long gun. well im going to add a magazine tube extension so the gun will hold 8 rounds. and use it for home defence. but i noticed the other day that the only synthetic stocked gun in the house is the cheap muzzle loader my dad bought from her. not that theres anything wrong with this its just that i like to have a few of everything. well heres the thing this gun will use ever part that the winchester 1200/1300 will use except the stock. so where can i find a synthetic stock for it? to me the stock looks simmilar in apperance to a mossberg 500's. if anyone owns a 500 and a sears could u remove them and see if one fits the other? what about the remington 870? any help would be aperaciated.

thank you,
Old June 6, 2009, 01:04 AM   #2
TxGun

I have no actual experience with the Sears 200, so keep that in mind.

You may be out of luck trying to find a synthetic stock for that gun, because as far as I know, synthetics were not available during it's production run. Curiously, the Numrich Arms catalog does reflect both Winchester & Mossberg as original makers of the 200. Maybe a misprint, OR perhaps each company provided the gun to Sears...just during different timeframes??? I thought they were all Winchesters, now I'm not totally sure.

For other parts, though, e-gunparts (Numrich Arms) does offer a few:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.a...l=0340z200&MC=

Last edited by TxGun; June 6, 2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old June 6, 2009, 01:21 AM   #3
RJay

The Sears 200 equates to the Winchester 1200
Old June 6, 2009, 07:13 AM   #4
BillM

Sears had some strange ideas at times. They would have
something made just a little bit different for the Sears guns.

You have an example. Everything on the Sears 200 is the same
as the Winchester 1200 EXCEPT where the buttstock meets
the receiver. One is a straight line, the other is a shallow
V.

Ran into this on a Sears/Winchester lever action 22 mag.
Winchester rear sight dovetaile into the barrel, Sears had
a plastic "adapter" that the sight dovetailed into. Only
available from Sears!