The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 2, 2002, 05:59 PM   #1
Bob Locke

Natchez Shooting Supply

http://www.natchezss.com/

Just got introduced to these guys, and they have some of the best prices I have ever seen! (Look at the rifle scopes, in particular.)

Got pointed their way from the Reloading forum, and they have the RCBS Master Reloading Kit for $219.95 plus shipping. Comes to about $230 total, and that's less than anywhere else I've seen it.

Planning to order a Tasco World Class 6-24x50mm scope from them. Sale price is $99 (!) and there's a $10 factory rebate on top of that right now. I've had really good results from the Tasco's that I've owned, so I ain't skeered!

I bookmarked their site. If you haven't already, I recommend it.
Old January 2, 2002, 08:21 PM   #2
3 gun

I can second what Bob said. They have gotten a large share of my on-line business since I found them about 2 years ago.
Opportunity knocks..Trouble kicks down the door.
Old January 3, 2002, 12:40 AM   #3
rock_jock

Everybody has their favorites. I've looked at Natchez before for ammo, but with the shipping charges, they are still higher than Eric at ammoman.com. I have not tried Natchez for other items however.
Old January 3, 2002, 02:53 AM   #4
thumbtack

I have order from them on several occasions (scopes mainly) and I was never disappointed. I really like there catalog, it is bigger then most phonebooks.
Old January 3, 2002, 07:39 AM   #5
clown714

yeah,there is a couple of items that i would like to
buy from them.but by living in ga.,i can't.guess
someone else will get my money.toooo baad.
Old January 3, 2002, 03:57 PM   #6
Bottom Gun

They've always done well by me.
Old January 3, 2002, 10:34 PM   #7
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

I ordered a few hundred rounds of .45ACP from them right before Thanksgiving. I came home the Tuesday before the holiday to email them a request for a tracking number and my ammo was waiting for me in my breezeway.

$7.30 for a box of 50 is one heck of a good price! Fast shipment. No complaints.

-Dave
Old January 4, 2002, 09:51 PM   #8
Cawdor

I am very pleased with the prices and the service from Natchez. When I compared a recent order I made to Natchez to a comparable order from Ammoman (same ammunition to same ammuntion where it was possible, closest match where it was not), I saved about $80 with Natchez, including delivery.
Old January 4, 2002, 10:05 PM   #9
Inspector Callahan

I used to get better deals from Midway, but now that they've gone insane with their prices, Natchez is competitive with them. No matter, I've decided to support my local gunshop. Even if it means spending a little more. It's nice to have a local shop.
If you don't understand weapons you don't understand fighting. If you don't understand fighting you don't understand war. If you don't understand war you don't understand history. And if you don't understand history you might as well live with your head in a sack. - Colonel Jeff Cooper
Old January 4, 2002, 11:51 PM   #10
Bob Locke

I agree with supporting the local shops, to a point. That's why I have my "10% rule". If the local guy is within 10% of what I can get it for on-line, then he gets the business (though I may stretch that a little if it's someone I really like or if it's a low-priced item). I think that's a fair method, and I've stuck with it for several years now.

Chain stores do NOT count as "local", either, regardless of where they are physically located.
Old January 5, 2002, 10:39 AM   #11
Double Naught Spy

While I do agree about supporting local shops, I only do it when they support me as I must put my needs first. Often buying from the local shops means that basically I am throwing away money since what they offer is usually much more expensive than what I can find at places like Natchez. Why would I want to pay $9.00 + tax for a box of ammo that I can get for just over $8.00 after shipping?

I have bought a lot from Natchez. Their service is excellent and they have never botched any of my orders.
Old January 6, 2002, 10:36 AM   #12
sumneb

regarding Natchez...

I've been dealing with Natchez for nearly 20 years. I've bought every piece of glass I own from either Natchez or SWFA in Texas. I try to support both companys because both are top notch. It's tough to beat Natchez on ammo when it's on sale too. As far as guns, there is a little shop in Loveland, OH called Shooter's Supply that always has great prices on existing inventory or special orders (cost +10%). The owner and his cohorts are all very nice people too. My 2 cents.
Old January 6, 2002, 09:02 PM   #13
switch625

the only 2 orders i gave natchez they botched royaly. i don't care for blazer as it was the nastiest i've ever seen in my .45. take away that and their ammo is higher than i can get locally at the gun show.
Old January 7, 2002, 04:07 PM   #14
pdmoderator
Registration in progress

Natchez has been fine for me. Fast delivery and a good price on S&B.

- pdmoderator
Old January 8, 2002, 07:10 PM   #15
Fred

Used to use Midway almost exclusively

until they changed their policies, now I shop around for the best deal. Natchez is usually a front runner for my business, but not always the cheapest. Last two orders for dies and miscellaney went to Midway, because I absolutely hate the $3.90 "handling charge" that Natchez tacks on each order. (:

With that charge included Midway came to within $1.25 of the Natchez price, so based on my past excellent customer service experiences with Midway, went with them. Will use Natchez in the future as well.
Old January 8, 2002, 09:08 PM   #16
Inspector Callahan

Quote:
Chain stores do NOT count as "local", either, regardless of where they are physically located.
I agree. I was speaking of mom & pop joints. I like your "10% rule", by the way. Thanks.
If you don't understand weapons you don't understand fighting. If you don't understand fighting you don't understand war. If you don't understand war you don't understand history. And if you don't understand history you might as well live with your head in a sack. - Colonel Jeff Cooper
Old January 9, 2002, 10:29 AM   #17
LIProgun

I have been a satisfied Natchez customer for probably 15 years now. While I don't buy all of my ammo, shooting supplies and accessories from them, they are the first place I look, and the one source where I buy more of what I need than any other source -- probably more than all of the others combined.

- Leonidas of Sparta, 480 B.C.
Old January 17, 2002, 09:52 PM   #18
thisaway

I can't buy from them, as I live in Tennessee. Their store is in Chattanooga, about 40 minutes from my home (I've even been there!), but I can't buy anything from them! GRRRRR!!!! :barf:
Old January 18, 2002, 06:13 PM   #19
KPS

Most of my gun related mailorder sales are with Natchez.They've always been a pleasure to deal with over the phone and ship very quickly.I found their LC .223 ammo cheaper than anywhere else after shipping charges.If you don't have the trade discount at Brownells, then they have the best price on Wilson 8rd mags.
Old January 18, 2002, 07:52 PM   #20
Bobshouse

Do they charge extra for credit card purchases?
Old January 19, 2002, 12:07 AM   #21
Dot_mdb

I just placed an order and I didn't see any extra charge for credit cards.
Old January 19, 2002, 12:11 PM   #22
Cawdor

Natchez has a $3.90 handling charge on any credit card order, large or small. On large orders, it is negligible; on small orders, it is not.
Old January 19, 2002, 03:05 PM   #23
Dot_mdb

Handling Charge

I may be wrong about this but I thought the handling charge applied to all orders not just credit cards.

I believe that charging extra for credit card orders is a violation of the credit card agreement. Some firms might do it but it would be unusual for a place as big as Natchez to be so explicit especially since all of their orders over the internet probably involve credit cards anyway.

Bill
Old January 19, 2002, 06:18 PM   #24
Cawdor

Natchez's Catalog says that the $3.90 charge applies to all orders. The web site says it applies to credit cards.
Old January 31, 2002, 01:33 AM   #25
Molly

They did good for me

I have purchased from them before and was pleased. Would do do again.