The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 6, 2010, 03:55 PM   #1
ronnycordova

IAC Model 97 - Warranty Support

I purchased an IAC Model 97 trench gun back in October and after shooting only 75 target loads out of it the pump no longer works the carrier making it impossible expel any shells. I've been trying since October to get in contact with IAC to see if they would honor their "1 year warranty" but after numerous emails and voice mails I have yet to hear anything from them.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had any encounters with dealing with IAC and if this is just how bad their customer support is.
Old December 6, 2010, 08:38 PM   #2
TheKlawMan

ronnycordova

What address or telephone number have you been using to contact IAC waranty support? I ask because I am about to buy an IAC Hawk 982. This is what I got off the internet for warranty and it looks like they are located in the Los Angeles area.

Call 310-441-5333 or e-mail to: [email protected], Monday thru Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Pacific Standard Time.
http://www.iacshotguns.com/support.html

This greatly interests me as I just about plunked down the money for a Hawk 982, but am also looking at the H&R Pardner and the Stevens 350. I think they are all made in the same factory in China but the last two are sold by and warrantied by Stevens and H&R (both of which I believe are Remington companies.) The guy at Folwers told me that while the Stevens is made in China it is warrantied by Stevens and the tag on the gun said so. I am not sure but guess H&R warranties the Pardner.
Old December 6, 2010, 08:46 PM   #3
ronnycordova

That is the number and email I have been trying. No one ever picks up the phone and you just get their voice mail. I'm really at a loss on this one too, I've stripped the gun down trying to figure out what is jamming it up and it looks like a defective carrier. I'm probably just going to end up selling the thing for parts if I can't get in contact with them soon.

The gun shot great when it worked but I'm pretty disappointed it broke so quickly. I understand sometimes you get a lemon but it doesn't help the matter when they don't support their product. But hey, $300 bucks down the drain and a lesson learned I guess.
Old December 6, 2010, 09:14 PM   #4
TheKlawMan

Ronnie,

Sorry to hear that IAC isn't picking up the phone when you call, but I am glad to hear about this before plunking down my money on one of its guns. I hear they are great but like you said, everyone has lemons and I don't want any part of a company that doesn't cover their warranty.

Like I said, I was going to buy the IAC Hawk which is nearly identical to the H&R Pardner with the difference being the Hawk has Ghost Sites. They both can be bought for about $200 and supposedly Ghost Sites are a poor idea for a HD gun.

Just for the hell of it I am going to call that number in the morning and then I am going to speak to the guys selling the IAC Hawk at a large CA sortuibng goods chain called Big 5 about warranty.

Also, there is a guy called max100 that posts on here and really supports IAC. You may want to try and get in touch with him as I believe he is a gun smith.
Old December 6, 2010, 10:57 PM   #5
ronnycordova

Yeah, like I said for $300 bucks it is a nice gun and I would like to see it get fixed. I have two other people who have been trying to get in contact with them for me and they haven't had any luck either.
Old December 7, 2010, 05:29 PM   #6
TheKlawMan

Warranty work for International Arms Corp (IAC)

ronnie,

I called that number for IAC Imports and left a message, butr not expecting a call back. I also called the number on the internet for Inrerstate Arms Corp and a guy explained that the IAC Imports warranty number was an old one.

He said that warranty is handled by a guy in Oregon named Bob Pisco.

541 396-5558
[email protected]
http://www.piscogunsmithing.com/

Should you need it the info for IAC is http://www.interstatearms.com/

Interstate Arms Corp
6G DUNHAM ROAD
BILLERICA, MA 01821
PHONE: 978-667-7060
FAX: 978-671-0023

Interstate Arms Corp appears to own IAC Imports.

Please let me know what happens or if you have any more trouble as I am very much interested in buying a Hawk 982, but not if there are warranty hassles.

{Since posting the above I got a call from "Marty" at IAC about what the problem was and I told him I had already been put in touch with the gunsmith. Only after hanging up did I realize he was probably calling back on the call I made to the number for IAC Imports, the one where I had to leave a message on an answering machine. Anyway, check it out for yourself but spoke with Bob Pisco, who really impressed me, and he says all you have to do is call him and he will make arrangements for warranty work. Good luck and tell me how it works out.}

Last edited by TheKlawMan; December 7, 2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old December 7, 2010, 08:40 PM   #7
TMackey

Tagging as I am interested in a 97 myself.