The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old September 11, 2020, 10:55 PM   #1
reynolds357

Traditions outfitter g2

Anyone have any experience with them?
Notice they have a Lothar Walther barrel.

Last edited by reynolds357; September 11, 2020 at 11:09 PM.
Old September 13, 2020, 10:22 AM   #2
hammie

@reynolds357: You're part of a group here, whose posts I always enjoy and learn from. So thanks for coming to the firing line. As for this topic, I'm not sure I can help much. I've been looking for a single shot, break open rifle, chambered for .44 magnum. When I compared the traditions with the henry, it seemed like the henry was a better rifle for about the same money. The problem is that henry just announced a recall on their single shot rifles and there aren't any out there right now.

When I visited the traditions web site, I was confused. It seems like the g2 is being discontinued and only the newer model g3 has the lothar barrel...not sure though. Anyway I'm going to wait for the henry.
Old September 13, 2020, 11:48 AM   #3
reynolds357

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammie View Post
@reynolds357: You're part of a group here, whose posts I always enjoy and learn from. So thanks for coming to the firing line. As for this topic, I'm not sure I can help much. I've been looking for a single shot, break open rifle, chambered for .44 magnum. When I compared the traditions with the henry, it seemed like the henry was a better rifle for about the same money. The problem is that henry just announced a recall on their single shot rifles and there aren't any out there right now.

When I visited the traditions web site, I was confused. It seems like the g2 is being discontinued and only the newer model g3 has the lothar barrel...not sure though. Anyway I'm going to wait for the henry.
Thanks for the compliment and the info. I too am confused by Traditions website. I found some reviews on both the g2 and g3. The problem I saw with them for me, is 8+ lb trigger. Until I see a trigger schematic on them, I am going to jold off.