The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 29, 2020, 09:40 PM   #1
AppleTech

Beretta 92FS Steel Trigger Upgrade Not Resetting

I purchased a steel trigger and d-spring kit for my 92FS (PN e00691). I installed the new trigger and it doesn’t have any tension on it. I confirmed I have installed it correctly and when reinstalling the old trigger, it returns to reset position whereas the new trigger just flops around. Any thoughts on the cause?

I have attached a photo of the two. The left is the original trigger, right is the new steel one. It seems that taller back on the original is what the spring rests against to create the tension. This is missing from the new trigger, but did they ship the wrong part or have I somehow misunderstood that the replacement steel trigger would work for a DA/SA model?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1F9EC8C7-4E94-49BA-AB1F-DEEC39E62686.jpeg (257.2 KB, 37 views)
Old August 31, 2020, 02:46 AM   #2
Scorch

The trigger return spring rides om the trigger bar cross pin, not on the trigger. If your trigger spring is on the trigger, you installed it wrong. I just installed one of the Beretta competition trigger kits in a customer's gun last week, works beautiful. The one I did a few weeks ago also installed the competition trigger return spring.
Old August 31, 2020, 08:25 AM   #3
AppleTech

You wouldn't happen to have a photo of the proper fitment, would you? Everything I can find online shows it resting on the trigger, not the bar. What's the process to get it inserted properly? Thanks so much for your help in advance.

EDIT - nevermind I think I found a better picture and can see how you get it back in now. Thanks so much for your pointer!
Old September 1, 2020, 01:44 AM   #4
Scorch

Install the spring with the trigger pin through the center loop of the spring. Using a small packing hook or needle nose pliers, lift the rear portion of the spring, install the trigger bar, the release the spring so that it sits on the cross pin of the trigger bar. The spring also holds the trigger bar in place.