The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old August 14, 2020, 01:51 AM   #26
Metal god

I think so , I have one and like it . I also have a Primary arms and Vortex red dots which are also good for the price but Aimpoint is top if you can afford it . I personally have a hard time buying a firearm accessory that cost more than most firearms . Not because the cost is more but because I’d rather if I have that much cash to dispose of I’d just go buy another firearm which I often do .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old August 16, 2020, 04:57 PM   #27
zeke

Have a 16 in ar-10 style 308 with 1x6 scope, as never got used to prism/red dots. 50 to 100 yds easy, very close up if knowing how high to hold. 1 power up close an 6 power out to 600. Combo Muzzle break/accessory attachment, quick detach bipod and adj gas block.

Its older/heavier version, but very accurate.
Old August 16, 2020, 07:53 PM   #28
buckey

Out here at my place a AR10 in .308 makes perfect sense! That get-a-way road is flat and straight for 3/4 of a mile both ways, Ya All better step on it!
Old September 9, 2020, 05:03 PM   #29
MarkCO

My .308 has a Burris XTRII 1-8 on it. I can't think of a better sighting system for a .308 AR in general. But for shorter ranges, the weight is something you can cut for sure. The RT6 is lighter and a great LPV which is where I would land most likely.

200 yards and in, I am usually a fan of a Red dot for anything requiring only say, 5 MOA accuracy. But I just could not bring myself to put a red dot on a .308 pattern AR and limited it's utility.
Old September 22, 2020, 12:32 AM   #30
bullspotter

I have several with 1-4 to 1-6 power scopes, and several with red dots, most set up to shoot 3gun, My PD Ar has a sig Romeo5 on it, love the auto turn on. I also have a wider stock on it, when i bring it up to my cheek weld, the dot is right there. its fast and light weight, no problems hitting what i need to out to 150. All my battery powered optics get new batts installed each year.