The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 9, 2000, 06:24 PM   #1
bullet44

Does anyone on the board reload for the 9mm
cz75b.? I purchased a cz and am having problems getting my reloads to function,
while factory ammo works fine.I have checked
all measuments can find nothing wrong,only
difference I using lead bullets vs.the factory fmj. The chamber seems very tight
anyone else have this with the cz.?
Old October 9, 2000, 06:52 PM   #2
Stephen A. Camp
Staff In Memoriam

Hello. I load quite a bit of 9mm for primarily Browning HP and CZ75s. Said reloads include some cast round nose bullets and I've NOT experienced the problems you mention. I suggest that you make sure all of the "flare" has been removed from the case when you seat the bullet. It's not uncommon for the case mouth to still be angled outward a little and it takes but a little to cause a problem. I strongly recommend using a taper crimp die as a separate operation from seating and only taper crimp enough to remove all of the "flare." I am assuming that this is the only problem you are having, ie chambering. If not, let me know and we'll go from there.

Best.
Old October 10, 2000, 07:26 AM   #3
WESHOOT2

OAL 1.145-1.155".

Finish using a Lee Carbide Factory Crimp die.

Contact me direct w/load specifics...

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Old October 10, 2000, 04:42 PM   #4
robertcarr

I reload for my CZ-85 which is basically the same as the -75, with ambidextrous controls.

I have loaded 147 gr. plated RN bullets from Berry's with 6.6 gr. of AA-7. I'm now using 124 gr. plated HP's from Berry's with 4.4 Gr. of TiteGroup. Very accurate round. I initially had a problem due to the OAL being too long, the bullet noses were being pushed into the rifling. I set the seater for 1.040" OAL and they work fine.

I do use the Lee Factory Crimp die in station 4 of my 550B. Dillon dies everyplace else.

Bob Carr
Layton, Utah

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bullet44:
Does anyone on the board reload for the 9mm cz75b.? I purchased a cz and am having problems getting my reloads to function,
while factory ammo works fine.I have checked
all measuments can find nothing wrong,only
difference I using lead bullets vs.the factory fmj. The chamber seems very tight
anyone else have this with the cz.?
[/quote]

Old October 10, 2000, 06:33 PM   #5
saands

I load 9mm, but for a Sig. All I can say is that I ALWAYS finish my semi-auto loads with the LEE Factory crimp and I have yet to experience my first failure to feed ... somewhere between 1100 and 1500 rounds of .40 and 9mm. Where is the wood on my desk so I can knock on it fast Bottom line is that it is 20 bucks well spent!
Good luck
Saands
Now that I read this ... I also load the bottlenecked 7.62x25 and I got failures regularly with those