FNC "quick fix" full auto???

Just asking. Would it be possible to use, say a nylon tie, to hold the sear
down, thus not modifying the gun (FNC sporter .223) and render it
full auto? Puzzling question. Any answers??This is of course an educational
discourse.
Old May 8, 2005, 02:15 AM   #2
Wraith

Ha!

It seems to me that you wouldn't be able to get around the whole 1 pull of the trigger bit... but alas, auto legalities are not my forte.

Never Forget 9/11.

Cold dead hands...
Old May 8, 2005, 11:27 PM   #3
Lawnmower

Illegal modification

That ATF has already ruled that a string attached to an AK-47 in a certain way is construed as the manufacture of a machinegun.
Old May 9, 2005, 03:03 AM   #4
3 weelin geezer

Well, it seems like a good idea doesnt it? Well, it wont work because the hammer will just follow the firing pin and not be able to put enough of a dent in the primer to make it go off because it doesnt get enough of a 'running start'. That is why an m-16 for example has all those extra parts in it. Lawyereze aside, you propose to make a weapon that merely slam fires (pull the bolt back and let it empty the magazine on its own) but they are normally designed to avoid that to keep the operator from becoming a Wile E. Coyote when the gun fires out of battery and it comes out the breech end instead of the muzzle. Please, no atf sez this or that. We all know that in the us of a and especially in Kommiefornia but there is more to the world than 'US'. Most people here asking 'illegal' questions are just looking for good information not wanting to waste their time. (such as me asking about how to LEGALLY acquire a suppressor from a LEGAL source and what paperwork is involved.) Better to learn from someones story than to blow your hand/arm off in the name of science. I think there should be some sort of thing that sends you to the rules of full auto and you have to click on 'I understand' to proceed to be able to post here. Kind of like those software activation pages where you must agree to the conditions or you can't use the program.

Last edited by 3 weelin geezer; May 9, 2005 at 03:33 AM.
Old May 13, 2005, 07:58 AM   #5
-RotorDemon-

In all honesty, Don't do it, be safe, and if you want to Rock and Roll.. Look into bump firing. with some practice you can get a fairly consistant group at 30 yards or so. And it will keep you out of prison.