The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 8, 2016, 06:16 PM   #1
3006loader

Load Data for 300BLK 200gr Bullet

I recently went to a gun show and found some G2 Research "Trident Ripout" bullets. These are constructed unlike any other bullets I have seen 300blk load data for. They are very long and have a great amount of bearing surface, so I'm being cautious. The load data for 300BLK I've found on Hodgdon's website doesn't use bullets that are even close to similar in construction. So I was looking for your guys' input.

I would just want some suggestions for a subsonic load going around 1050 fps with this 200gr copper bullet. I have no idea what powder to use. I have no idea how much to use. (or even where to start). I am not necessarily going to try the first load someone gives me but I think its always good to gather information, so even any general guidance would be greatly appreciated. The rifle will be a 8" SBR ar-15

Last edited by 3006loader; October 8, 2016 at 10:07 PM.
Old October 9, 2016, 03:06 AM   #2
Woolecox

Lehigh Defense

Look at Lehigh Defense load data for their 194 grain bullet. Probably fairly similar in construction to yours. You should not have any pressure problems as these loads are down loaded to stay subsonic.

Lehigh Defense

I have gotten best results out of AA#1680 but there are other options.
Old October 10, 2016, 07:03 PM   #3
Whisper 300

You can also look at Lil'Gun or H110 or IMR 4227 for the heavy subsonic bullets

I would give a recipe that I use with Lehigh bullets, Outlaw State bullets or some Sierra 240 HP BT but would rather you get the data from the manufacturer and be safe.

By the way, both the Lehigh and Outlaw States subsonics are VERY effective on deer. Multiple kills at 50 to 100 yards (my max distance) .
Never had one run more than 50 yards, most take a step or two and are finished.

Tags
300 aac , 300 blackout , 300blk , g2 research , trident ripout