The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 8, 2010, 06:59 AM   #26
sebou

Fingers McGee : Ok that's great info, thanks you !
i had some impresive idea, but i didn't know if i was right or wrong. Now, that's clear.

Bootsie Thanks to you also. You tell me more as i knowing. I didn't find anything at this time about Konig. It might to me that's a German name,and you confirm it. You gave me some interesting info about it.

Vous êtes vraiment très sympathique les gars !!! *

* you are really nice guys !!!

Sebou
Old October 21, 2010, 11:56 PM   #27
Last Calls

I came into possession of a poor condition Repo 1851 BP Revolver recently. Tho the quality is a bit off, a little TLC got it ready to fire. My addition to the thread is to ask if anyone could recognize the "BG" stamp on the butt of my Revolver.

I know that manufactures of FIE Pistols are notoriously unidentifiable, but Ive never heard of this stamp on a pistol in any thread before. Other stamps on the receiver reveal that it is 1971, otherwise this is all I've got to go on. Thanks all for any help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (7).jpg (242.6 KB, 153 views)
* Ruger Single-Six * Texas Ranger SAA .22 Converible * Mossberg 151k * Mossberg 51m * Ruger 10/22 Carbine * FIE Italian 1851 Navy * Mosin-Nagant 91/30 * Springfield Armory G.I. 1911-A1 * Uberti Navy 1851 .38 Special Conversion * Nagant M1895
Old October 22, 2010, 02:05 AM   #28
Doc Hoy

Welcome to the forum

I have an FIE 1851 and it does not have this mark.
Old October 25, 2010, 11:55 AM   #29
sebou

Didn't see it before.
But that's good to open a new search.
Is it possible you put here more pics from your gun ?
(marks, date code, hammer, sight....)
About the pic i'd posted on page 1 from 1851 IAF with German marks, i'm not sure that s IAF really exist, cause i didn't found any info about it. The info comes up from the owner, and didn't saw any mention of IAF from the pics he gave to me.
Also, the logo, on the grip looks like a shotgun barel, now i know :

Mavi di Salvinelli IT MVI
Salvinelli & Tanfoglio

Seb
Old June 1, 2011, 07:12 AM   #30
sebou

Hi guys,
Special post to BPrevolver :
After many research about COM and DOM
I ve bought some months ago a 1851 (.44) from DOM.
I look it and i wish to give my point of view.
I think DOM do not exist !
The letter "D" is made with a polyci style that's wrong the eyes.
In fact it's a "C" and the circle (is fully completed) of letter is nearly as the "D". Then, i look my model and i could see this. I also see this on the pics from other model called COM. It's really looks like DOM.
I never foud an interesting information avaible to believe DOM or COM are different.
I don't know if i'm understandable with my poor english language, but remember that's the "D" of DOM mean "C".
Then, it's mean Contrini as i told you befor. Do not confuse by Dorman.
Dorman activity is on Car industry supplies, and it's an American Firm.
The replicas are made in italy. It couldn't be possible to found the Italian marks on a material made in the USA.

Seb
Old June 1, 2011, 07:37 AM   #31
Doc Hoy

Sebou asnd Gladio

Very interesting post.

I think this is the very kind of information a person who is intimately familiar with the language can provide.

We are fortunate to have you among us.

Gladio may be in a position to provide additional information or to confirm your opinion.
Old June 2, 2011, 04:33 AM   #32
sebou

Thanks Doc.
however, i never heard about Gladio, but if you talk about him, i believe he could give us more informations about this post. Waiting for him...

Here somes pics from the marks :

COM is really marked nicely :
[IMG][/IMG]

COM should be DOM there :
[IMG][/IMG]

Here the DOM i have bought recently, and it looks like a "D" but i think this a "C" :
[IMG][/IMG]

I hope someone could give more info, or put some pics from COM & Dom marks revovlers. Then, we could made a compar.....

Sebou

Last edited by sebou; June 2, 2011 at 05:03 AM. Reason: add pics
Old June 19, 2011, 12:32 PM   #33
bprevolver

COM or DOM?

Sebou,

I went back through all the revolvers(10) that I thought were marked DOM. I put them under a strong manifier and I am enclined to completely agree with your findings. Some of the DOM markings show the rounded edges on the front of the "D" but there is a very small break in the curver of the "D" that make it a C not a D. It is like there was an overstamp made. This information is very helpful as have your other postings. I am starting another thread concerning another marking that is a puzzle.
Old June 19, 2011, 01:14 PM   #34
Doc Hoy

Hey, Jim

Good to read your post.

BTW, the Dragoon is super addition. Thanks.
Old June 24, 2011, 04:21 AM   #35
sebou

Hello all
Last call :
Would you put there some other pics from your revolver "BG" FIE, with stamps, and any details to give us a way to search.
I never seen this logo. Only "PR" with FIE. This is an great and exciting research for your own model. Thanks a lot.

bprevolver
Nice to read you again on the forum.
Well, i understanding you get the same point of view than me about COM & DOM. You confirm the way there are not 2 but only 1.
We could be happy to clear this question
Quote:
I am starting another thread concerning another marking that is a puzzle.
Ok that's great and tell us where you start this thread.
Old June 26, 2011, 06:57 PM   #36
arcticap

sebou,
Last Calls hasn't visited this forum since November, 2010. Maybe he will respond to a private message if his email notification still works.
That info. can be found on his public profile page by clicking on his name, or follow the link below and click on "contact info" to send him a PM.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/member.php?u=108428

Last edited by arcticap; June 26, 2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old June 26, 2011, 08:44 PM   #37
Fingers McGee

Sebou, Here is a picture of the backstrap from a 1970 vintage FIE nickel plated '51 Navy with the GB (or is it BG) makers (?) mark. I have a consecutive serial numbered pair of these with the boxes.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old July 4, 2011, 10:30 PM   #38
bprevolver

BG GB orGLB???

This "GB" marking has puzzeled me for years. Recently I have studied a few very clear stampings of this logo and there appears to be a "BL" inside the "G". The line in front of the "B" goes under the "B" and turns up. This could be a "B" and "L" together. Trying to determine the correct letter representation for a company logo is difficult. It could be "GLB" going from large letters to small or "BLG" going from interior out.

Any thoughts??

Also the letters PR which are most commonly found on the butt of FIE revolvers as also turned up on an 1851 Navy .44cal. revolver set with three different barrel lengths all numbered to the frame. This only has the PR on the butt and was sold by EMF in the late 1970's-80's. No EMF markings. I found an ad in a magazine by EMF about this set but did not think I would ever see one of these. I ask Boyd Davis, President of EMG about this but he could not recall it specifically but said it wouldn't surprise him at all. The marketing people were working overtime coming up with sales gimicks in this highly competitive market of the 1970's and 1980's. I realize for the shooter these things have little value but to the collector it is these weird offerings that make collectors drool. Finding one is almost like finding a treasure ship off the coast of Texas, or better still finding those 300+ 1847 Walker revolvers that were lost in their shipment to Texas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1851 Army 3 Barrel Set 2.jpg (69.3 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 12in & 5in Barrels RtSd.jpg (50.4 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg Top of Barrel.jpg (21.4 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by bprevolver; July 7, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old July 5, 2011, 07:22 AM   #39
junebug_01

http://www.earmi.it/armi/database/armieri.htm

It lists all Italian gun makers from 1945-1980.

There is a Pierino Ruschetta listed, and I think the PR is him!
Old July 23, 2011, 04:04 AM   #40
sebou

Hi all
Regarding about PR, i'm still in the answer : is it possible that's Pierrino Ruschetta. Actually, i'm not sure, but have no reason to say yes or not !

About, GB or GBL, well, i have no idea actually.
I will be on this search on the next time.

I ve some personnal troubles and less time to spend on the BP actually, sorry friends.

Seb
Old August 27, 2011, 12:18 PM   #41
sebou

Hello friends,
About PR :

Didn't found anything about PIERINO RUSCHETTA handgun products. Only shotgun.
http://www.migratoria.it/forum/viewt...17292&start=45

I read somewhere that a guy had a 1863 Zouave model with PR. He says DART deal thoses firearms. (no photo)
I found RIVA ESTERINA (it) On earm.it 1971 Brescia, distribued by DART.
ESTERINA RIVER do not exist now.
Someone else told about a marks on the buttom of his own Dart's gun (i don't know which model, no photo) : DART mention wrotte over there.

Here some link :
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-339009.html

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-438051.html

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/z...sR/SAI-R18.jpg

http://forums.gunboards.com/archive/...t-186800.html?

Regarding about PATRO DI PALMA ROBERTO 1976, i guess that's not the manufacturer we are looking for.
Here a gun made 1 year befor, 1975 :
http://gunauction.com/search/display...emnum=10219502
the more oldest revolvers i have seen are :
PR 1973
EIE PR 1972
FIE PR 1971

hope it could help us
Seb

Last edited by sebou; August 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: more info added
Old August 27, 2011, 01:08 PM   #42
sebou

re
There also exist an other Italian manufacturer who made pistol replica and the initial are L.R
Someone know it ?

http://poudrenoire-free-fr.superforu...ur-pistolet-pn

Seb
Old February 19, 2012, 05:25 AM   #43
sebou

Hi all.
I am always to find a piece of answer about "GB" or "GLB" or else... replicas revolvers. But didn't found anything. And you all ?
Thx
Old March 23, 2012, 03:26 PM   #44
sebou

GLB Marks on Black Powder replica

Hi all
Regarding the search about GLB, it appears that coulb be :
Giacosa Luciano Brescia who started Euromanuarms .
or Giscosa IT .

friendly,
Seb
Old March 23, 2012, 03:39 PM   #45
sebou

FAGS marks on BP replicas

I'm starting a new search from unknow manufacturer. It's marked FAGS over the buttom of the grip from 1851 dated 1969. Is anyone know this ?

Thx for your comments.
Seb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fags_c10.jpg (93.8 KB, 635 views)
Old March 24, 2012, 03:11 AM   #46
arcticap

There's only so many companies that had their hand in building 1851's at the time.
What's interesting is that there was a person named Luciano Amadi who imported the first 1851 into Italy, paid for the tooling, and then presented the initial order for 250 1851 revolvers to a gunsmith named Vittorio Gregorelli (BTW there were 2 Gregorelli gunsmiths, Vittorio and Beniamino*). Then could the FAGS initials stand for Gregorelli?
The article linked below states that Vittorio wasn't licensed to make guns (only parts), but the Italian gunsmith's database indicates that he was a gunsmith since 1958. So maybe that changed.
And he was also a parts supplier/manufacturer.

Coinicidentally, the same Luciano Amadi was also a founder of Armi San Paolo in 1971 along with some gentlemen from the recently defunct handgun manufacturer named Gradoga closed. The initals for Gradoga just so happen to be Fabrica Armi Gradoga [FAG] and the gentlemen who all joined together to form ASP with him were named Giacomo Grassi, Giuseppe Doninelli, along with a person named Gazzola.
So maybe Vittorio Gregorelli and/or Luciano Amadi was having his parts and/or some guns made by Gradoga because of their close contacts with these gentlemen, or to increase the production of 1851's. And the initials were different because these were subcontacted guns being built for Amadi's gun trading company.

Since Armadi already had the gun trading company, had previously invested in making 1851's with Gregorelli, would it make any sense that he would have 1851's produced anywhere else in 1969 using his own tooling or parts?

Or perhaps by then someone else all together was producing 1851's?

https://store.bluebookinc.com/Instan...product=6&id=9

* http://www.earmi.it/A-Enciclopedia/G.html

Last edited by arcticap; March 24, 2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old March 24, 2012, 04:41 AM   #47
sebou

Nice info, thx a lot

Thank to you Arcticap !
I tought that the way to search and you gave me a reason to believe it !
Seb
Old April 2, 2012, 10:20 PM   #48
spoonltz28

Sorry to raise the dead. BUT;
I was doing some research on a pistol that I found and it brought me here;

I know NOTHING about the Percussion guns, and I do not plan on using this gun. I was just looking for info about it.

I do know it is Italian mde and made in 1971. and it does have the LBG logo on it. Here are the pics; Can anybody tell me more about it ??

Old April 3, 2012, 10:32 AM   #49
zullo74

I can tell you one thing. The wedge is in backwards. It goes in from the left side on that model, in fact, on all open top Colt types except the Walker.
Old April 3, 2012, 10:53 AM   #50
sebou

Seems to be Colt model of 1849

Nice gun,
We are talking about BLG manufacturer and it should that right words to say who is it.
These gun was imported by Firearms Import Export.
Regarding the marks over the yellow frame : 1st time i saw the stamp & proof like that. I would tell ther are not vertical position as usual stamped, but Horinzontal.
It look like the Colt model of 1849 : U can see the famous diligence battle's picture.
If you want to know more about your gun, you can report to the 1849 pocket pistol section on this forum or simply on the google search.
Also to the FIE search.

Seb