The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 28, 2002, 12:15 PM   #1
Kirk Keller

Brooks Tactical Agrip

Ok folks, I rarely come across a doodad that I deem worthy of getting all vociferous about, but the folks over at Brooks Tactical have some kudos coming their way... but first a little background.

I have 4 polymer framed pistols, an HK USPc .45, an HK USP Tactical .45, a Kimber Polymer custom .45 and a Kahr P9. With the HKs and the Kimber, I never had any issue with the weapon slipping or moving in my grip. The Ruger and the Kahr unfortunately, are different matters. The Kahr was notorious for moving when I tightened my grip. This was due to the location of the front of the grip in relation to the knuckles on my fingers. I could shoot the weapon just fine, but had to diligently grip the weapon more lightly than I am accustomed to. It's now my wife's carry weapon, but given the slippage, not one I was comfortable with carrying and it made me reluctant to trust it with my wife as well. The Ruger, as rugged, durable and reliable as it is, has a very slick grip area on it. I constantly found myself having to re-adjust my grip after or during presentation... not a huge confidence builder. Hence the Ruger was relegated to duty as a range/practice weapon and removed from the carry weapon rotation.

I had thought about getting skateboard tape, or tennis grip tape or something else along those lines to put on the Kahr and the Ruger to help keep the weapons in place in my hand. For some reason, that just didn't appeal to me (too half-baked for my taste). I remembered that someone here had mentioned the Agrip, so I called Brooks Tactical Systems and ordered one each for the Ruger and the Kahr. They arrived in the mail this last Saturday and I applied them that evening (only after diligently reading the instructions).

Let me tell you what folks... the A-Grips are everything they advertise them to be and more. Grip on both weapons is rock steady and no slippage at all. The adhesive binds the A-Grips to the polymer amazingly well and shows no tendency to roll on the edges or slip no matter how I twisted either weapon in my hands. When your hands are wet, the grip gets better. They feel like a soft suede to the touch but grip like a second skin. The Ruger is back in my carry rotation (I've got it today).

This is a phenomenal product and one I would recommend to anyone who wants to get a better grip on their weapon. I'm going to purchase one each for both HKs as well. They also sell the stuff in 5x8 sheets if you want to design your own. I see Agripped polymer EBR pistol grips in my future.

Brooks Tactical Systems, WELL DONE!

http://www.brookstactical.com/
Old October 29, 2002, 03:02 PM   #2
Dr Heckel

Agrip did wonders for my USP. I couldnt ever get a REALLY good grip and my shooting was erratic. I decided to give Agrip a try and loved it. I did a little customizing of the grip by carefully cutting the finger grooves off of a Houge grip and putting them under the A-grip. They didnt shift or move at all and made the Agrip even better. My accuracy improved tremendously. I recommend anyone who has problems getting a rock solid grip on their pistol to give Agrip a try.
Old November 1, 2002, 11:05 PM   #3
Mark King

I was excited about the Agrip as well and used on on my Kahr P9 covert.

After a month or so it just didn't stick to the plastic grip frame very well any more. and it would bunch up any where I put pressure on it (i.e. under the thumb),

Ended up removing it and no regrets.

They are pretty darned close to having it right, almost but not perfect...yet!

Mark / FL
Old November 2, 2002, 09:58 AM   #4
Quack

got it on all my plastic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg agrip.jpg (68.2 KB, 325 views)
Old November 6, 2002, 01:23 PM   #5
Tazz10m

Awesome! Thanks guys!

Mark, a few months ago we had few Agrips that got out the door with "substandard" Agrip adhesive. Email me ([email protected]) or call me (253-549-2866) and give me your address and i'll make sure you get replacement Agrip's. Agrip has an unconditional guarantee, so if ever any problems crop up, always give us a hollar so we can try to fix them.

Thanks again,

Brooks W. Speier
BrooksTactical.com
253-549-2866

Brooks W. Speier
www.BrooksTactical.com
Manufacturer of Agrip™