The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old April 26, 2017, 02:12 PM   #26
Chris Karma

i am an ex liberal protester

in the early 80's i was protesting nukes, Reagan, war, death squads.

it becomes a lifestyle, the group i was affiliated with was selling weed and part of the legalize mj protest .

You can make money at protest selling newspapers, buttons, shirts, sandwiches, water, weed.

The groups "organizer" would raise money from Soro's/ Bloomburg types.
Work with anyone from FBI to Weatherman in pursuit of more money and drugs .

While not being "paid" I was sort of a professional protester - believe me- the retirement bennies truly stink.
These folks are drug addled paranoid idiots or intelligent paranoid malicious jaded crooked "organizers".

Rev Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, are two well known types but the liberal movement is chock full of wannabees - getting funding from madonna, Ashly judd, hollywood idiots .

WE CAN DO THE SAME TO THEM!

bloomburg/soro's do not go into courts and say "guns are bad" they pay lawyers to do that.

If we protested those law firms, pointing out how ridiculously racist these guns laws are enforced -we could do worse damage to them than they do to us.

we need to protest their companies and law firms, law firms like OM&M are really averse to protesters
Old April 27, 2017, 11:32 AM   #27
hagar

Why the heck did they pick hotlanta? There are probably 500,000 potential disrupters there that will do it for a quick meth fix.
Old April 27, 2017, 11:41 AM   #28
ATN082268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Karma
If we protested those law firms, pointing out how ridiculously racist these guns laws are enforced -we could do worse damage to them than they do to us.
While I'm sure you could paint the topic in a typical media white discrimination against blacks thing, I'm not sure how your message would get out as the general media is pretty anti-gun. For the media, there are plenty of other avenues of race peddling that don't involve supporting causes they don't like.
Old April 27, 2017, 11:49 AM   #29
BarryLee

Quote:
There are probably 500,000 potential disrupters there...
Yes, there are plans for several protests I don’t expect any real violence, but around here blocking streets and Interstates is a common tactic. I wonder what happens when authorities try to provide access for Trump/VIPs and the Useful Idiots stage a “Die-In” in the middle of the street.

Update: Looks like Congressman John Lewis will be joining the anti-gun protest this weekend.

http://www.ajc.com/news/state--regio...BOsl8DjpS0R2O/
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Last edited by BarryLee; April 27, 2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old April 27, 2017, 01:52 PM   #30
FITASC

Quote:
There are probably 500,000 potential disrupters there...
And just as many gun owners.................
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old April 27, 2017, 05:47 PM   #31
Chris Karma

Quote:
Quote:
While I'm sure you could paint the topic in a typical media white discrimination against blacks thing, I'm not sure how your message would get out as the general media is pretty anti-gun. For the media, there are plenty of other avenues of race peddling that don't involve supporting causes they don't like.
that's not the point.
A: gun laws are racist, ( see the racist roots of gun control by clayton cramer )
so its not painting anything, its plain provable fact ( also see the Thomas opinion in Heller or maybe it was McDonald )
B: Law firms loathe being protested, it an effective way to bring the fight to them.

The real problem is organizing "our" side to engage in an activity usually only "their" side does.

I feel it is important to utilize every tool we can, they are certainly using every tool they can to put gun owners in prison for doing things the cotus enumerates as our rights.
Old April 28, 2017, 05:26 PM   #32
Bartholomew Roberts

In what way is free speech threatening? Is Bloomberg going to bloviate us to death?
Old April 28, 2017, 07:02 PM   #33
ShootistPRS

When free speech is used to incite riot or lawlessness It is threatening.
Old April 28, 2017, 07:15 PM   #34
FITASC

That's one of the reasons we carry, right?
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old May 2, 2017, 08:34 PM   #35
JoeSixpack

Apparently their turn out was not so great.
They gave T-shirts to the homeless at a park to bolster their numbers.

http://www.range365.com/heralded-ant...comes-up-short
Old May 2, 2017, 09:23 PM   #36
TXAZ

The proof was in the pudding:

NRA Attendees 80,000
Protesters 75 - 100

About 100:1 difference.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old May 2, 2017, 09:39 PM   #37
5whiskey

I was just about to follow up and say Blomberg needs some deeper pockets if this "protest" had backing and logistical support from him. And it didn't turn into a terrorist incident somthat was good...
Old May 2, 2017, 09:56 PM   #38
rickyrick

I'm tired of protesters, and I support it mostly.
Yesterday, they threw a burning road flare into an occupied department store. That's not a protest, that's attempting to kill someone.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:16 PM   #39
Tinbucket

Bloomberg threatens NRA Convention

I take it that Atlanta PD and SS had some serious input in keeping the "Rioters" away. Where was the big mouth Democrat Congressman who said he was going to be there and part of it?
Atlanta PD were made aware of Bloomberg's statement, or the report there of.
In this part of the Country in Tn and GA we won't play the game they get in NY etc where their crimes would be tolerated and even encouraged.
Tn stopped BLM criminal nonsense completely at Elvis week last year in Memphis.
There have been several others too.
Kudos to the THP, on Memphis and to Atlanta PD and whoever else on this one

We need to encourage and insist that our Attorney Generals, and Governors, to get some ..... and go after the head of the snake Bloomberg, Soros and others, currently insulated by political influence.
Bloombeg never did answer for his agents making straw purchases, and lying on ATF Forms and state fraud in Va, Tn , NC, and couple other states.
And those are the tip of his crimes.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:59 AM   #40
P5 Guy

Shannon Watts stayed home too