The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 7, 2013, 10:57 AM   #1
I'vebeenduped

Awesome Employee at Cabela's

I just have to tell someone.
My boy and I went to Cabela's last night. I did a quick swing by the ammo shelves. As expected, 5.56, .223, and .22 were empty. Strangely enough, 8mm Mauser was completely gone! I really don't understand THAT one! At any rate, I did the usual inquiry to one of the employees. He told me that someone had ordered some 5.56 ammo and, after several calls, failed to pick it up. He asked me how much I needed. "Just a few boxes," I told him. He asked me to follow him to a locked door, where my son and I patiently waited. Sure enough, he came out with two boxes of 5.56 and handed them to me. I said, "Thank you very much" and shook his hand. Then, he asked my son, "Do you like the shooting parlor upstairs?" Of course, I don't even need to write what he said. It is self-explanatory. He had us follow him to another counter where he gave my son a HUGE handful of tokens for the shooting parlor. Needless to say, my son had the time of his life!
As we were headed back downstairs, I told my son to shake his hand again and to tell him what a wonderful time he had. Sadly, we couldn't find him when we were walking out and unfortunately, names are not my strong suit. So, if anyone knows of an individual who works in Phoenix Cabela's, fairly tall with a Spanish accent, please thank him again for me and my boy. I will be calling the store today and see if management can decipher who this is and give him accolades. I will definitely be purchasing my son's Cricket rifle from this store just as soon as I can afford it.

David
Old March 7, 2013, 12:16 PM   #2
SPEMack618

You know, amid the stories of hoarders, flippers, MRAPs, and Skynet sponsored drones, it is very nice to read about something positive in the gun culture.

Thanks for sharing, David.
Old March 7, 2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Armorer-at-Law

Quote:
I will definitely be purchasing my son's Cricket rifle from this store just as soon as I can afford it.
Small things can create lifetime customer loyalty.
Old March 7, 2013, 04:45 PM   #4
shafter

I would be pleased if that was my employee. 99% of the time you can't go wrong with Cabelas.
Old March 7, 2013, 10:41 PM   #5
Dwight55

Our new one just opened here in Columbus, Ohio, . . . they said on the news that over 1000 people were waiting outside in 35 deg weather for over an hour just to get in.

Inside news shots showed shoulder to shoulder, . . . almost "let's take turns breathing" type crowded.

I'll go down in a couple of months.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!
Old March 7, 2013, 10:55 PM   #6
Savage99

Thank you David for the good story.

We like Cabelas and go there often.
Old March 7, 2013, 11:17 PM   #7
swcc22

Re: Awesome Employee at Cabela's

I go to the allen texas cabelas often there is a man named rich he is the reloading outfitter he know his stuff unlike most employees that work that department he holds a class every Tuesday for new reloaders.
Old March 7, 2013, 11:28 PM   #8
TheoShooter

We go to the Hazelwood, mo Cabelas often and I have to agree, they do seem to hire some great people. Always are treated very well and they always seem very glad to help you. Good business.
Old March 8, 2013, 06:34 PM   #9
Lucas McCain

You can go to Cabela's web site and contact them. At the bottom of the first page, left hand side is a customer service block. Select the e-mail and there you can tell them how good the employee was. They will direct the e-mail to the store manager. Most of the Cabela's employees are very good. I wish I could say the same about Gander Mtn. I understand why they closed a lot of their stores.
Old March 8, 2013, 10:32 PM   #10
maxman894

Dwight, they were backed clear up the exit ramps on both sides of the highway on I-71!!!
Old March 8, 2013, 11:49 PM   #11
bbqbob51

I have bought 4 firearms from Cabelas along with scopes, ammo and various gun accessories. I have really never had a bad experience there and my gun transactions have gone seamlessly. The employees are helpful and knowledgeable and the store usually has what I want. That is more than I can say about some other gun shops I have been in.
Sometimes it is very crowded around the gun display but that is because there is so much to look at, which is a good thing. I can literally spend hours there just browsing.
Old March 9, 2013, 05:22 PM   #12
ConstantChange

It's nice to hear a positive story about gun counter guys. 99.9% of the time I hear horror stories.

I wish I had a local Cabela's. Unfortunately, I've never been in one.
Old March 10, 2013, 03:44 PM   #13
bikerbill

I'm a regular at the Buda, TX Cabela's, even tho I have to drive about 100 miles roundtrip to get there ... they are always knowledgeable about their products, and while their gun prices aren't the lowest, they certainly aren't the highest ...
Old March 10, 2013, 06:42 PM   #14
wilson396

Of all the big box stores, Cabelas is my favorite.

Tags
5.56 mm , cabela's