The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 15, 2005, 01:05 PM   #26
dasmi

Courtesy of the folks at Wikipedia, here is a list of slang terms used in Hip-Hop music. Hizzle is on the list.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slang_u..._Hip-Hop_Music

# hizzle(1) - house
# hizzle(2) - hook, as in "Off the hook"
Old June 15, 2005, 01:37 PM   #27
Sarge

Quote:
Quote:
What do u do if there is a riot and po po is out of hizzle??

For those of you who need a translation ... as a hip and happening "street" dude I think I can convert this to english from the pedestrian vernacular in which it was originally written.

PO PO = one of the teletubbies (the purple one, I believe)
HIZZLE = a high energy soft drink

It is clearly referring to a riot caused by Po Po being out of his favorite soft drink. I would assume it is therefor a riot of small children.

Rather than responding with gunfire, perhaps a ring of plates of milk and cookies around the homestead would be better.

To those I've helped become more cool, you're welcome.
Garand, there are days I wonder why I come back here. That's the funniest thing I've read here in a long time. Thank you.

Of course, now people will hate you because I'm staying....
Old June 15, 2005, 01:57 PM   #28
rugerdude

If they need their energy drinks so badly that they riot, won't they be really tired and drowsy? However, a mob of purple children's show characters would be quite unsettling.

Not my quote but I agree completely.
Old June 15, 2005, 02:27 PM   #29
wayneinFL

Quote:
Btw... has anyone in this forum ever thought about having extra food, ammo fuel at home in case ever needed?
Yup. 4 hurricanes last year. I have generator, water and canned food. I always stock up this time of year.

Never had a riot though. I can't imagine it ever happening in the town I live in.

po po out of hizzle, huh? I hate it when that happens. Perhaps I should store some hizzle away with the canned goods.
Old June 15, 2005, 03:28 PM   #30
cuate

Riot and the Po Po........

I think I would emulate the Korean Store Owners during the riots that began when the Infamous rodney king asked for and got a good head cobbing by the LEOS.

That is go to the roof with an excellent firearm and mucho ammo for same, shoot first and not ask questions.
Old June 15, 2005, 03:40 PM   #31
Para Bellum

lock whatever I own and GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE.
Old June 15, 2005, 03:50 PM   #32
Limeyfellow

You do not have regular riots anyway. At university the city had 3 major riots with lots of destruction in just that year. Generally I kept out the way of such. Safe enough generally as long as you don't decide to do your grocery shopping in the middle of it. Also been through plenty of bomb threats back when the IRA were liking to blow up streets. Those were nastier. My cousin's road was one of those bombed, but luckly she was at work at the time.
Old June 15, 2005, 04:46 PM   #33
mudfoot

I have a fridge full of food, and we'll just say enough ammo for quite a mob scene. So my actions would be to open a bottle of Cabernet, turn the HD big screen on and not worry about too much!

Joe
Old June 15, 2005, 05:43 PM   #34
stephen426

WayneinFL,

I think you mentioned that you are from Miami. you must not have lived here for that long. I have spent all 30 years of my life here. We have had a few incidences in our colorful incidences.

In 1989, when Colombian born Miami Police officer, William Lozano, was acquitted of the wrongful shooting of a black motorcyclist (the passenger died as well) Downtown and Overtown Miami erupted in a riot that lasted 3 days. Granted this wasn't a full blown L.A. Rodney King type riot but it was nerve racking none the less.

When Hurricane Andrew hit in August of 1992, it wiped out Florida City and severely damaged Homestead, Cutler Ridge, and the surrounding areas. The looting probably began at Cutler Ridge Mall before the winds even died down. Things were pretty crazy until the national guard showed up. Even then, there were curfews enforced and national guardsmen walking around with M-16s in hand. Open carry became the practice for almost every business owner down there, especially those selling generators and ice. It is amazing how tragedies such as these bring out the best in many people but the worst in others. Many home owners made signs saying "You Loot. We Shoot." I was still in high school yet and didn't have any firearms at the time. Fortunately, we lived in Miami Beach and were not severely affected.

When things get crazy in Miami, they usually raise the draw bridges to prevent the rioting from spreading from Downtown. Back then, I-395 had a draw bridge. The 79th St. Causeway still has a drawbridge. That allows the police to contrate on I-195 and blockade it if necessary.

If thing get ugly here, it will most likely be hurricane related. We Miamians are a pretty laid back bunch and don't want to mess up our little tropical paradise. If things do get ugly from a hurricane, most homes will already be shuttered up. That makes it easy to guard a single entrance. If someone is trying to pull off your shutters, you would have more than ample time to greet them with a shotgun barrel in their face. this is assuming that you still have a rood over your head and that there are still things worth protecting. if not, it is time to go out there and loot some for your own!
Old June 16, 2005, 03:30 PM   #35
wayneinFL

Nope not from Miami. I remember a riot in the 80's down there. And I thought the Elian Gonzales thing was going to get out of hand, but it didn't. and I can't imagine what the looting, etc. must have been like after Andrew. Saw it all on the news and didn't have to experience it first hand.

We had a little looting up here when Francis and Jeanne came through, but that was mostly where someone had left town and didn't have any neighbors close by. My neighbor found a looter on his friend's street. Looter was from Dade, incidentally. Seems like it wouldn't be worth it to drive 100 miles to steal stuff, but it happens more than people think.
Old June 16, 2005, 04:21 PM   #36
stephen426

I hate those f-ing SOB's. Your neighbor should have shot him. People are suffering and other people are making it worse rather than helping. I probably would not have shot him with a real gun but I would have nailed him with a nice rock from a sling shot. I can't believe some people can be such scumbags.

Okay... Ranting is finished. Back to riot drills.

I would say keep the shotgun handy but make sure you wear those Rambo like Bandoliers loaded with shotshells and a red bandana. Image is a big part of the game and they may choose to go for an easier house... like one not guarded by a maniac! Just kidding!
Old July 22, 2005, 01:13 AM   #37
CyberSEAL

That's when the M4 and the FN 5.7 see action. The first few looters that try to enter your house will probably also be the last.
Old July 22, 2005, 01:43 AM   #38
Topthis

Hmmmm...how about leave. My stuff is not worth my life or worth taking a life for. We are talking about looters, right? If they came to do me harm...then its an entirely different question and situation.
Old July 22, 2005, 06:15 AM   #39
timothy75

This is a good question here is what I'd do. I'd collect my family and get everyone home first. Then give every member a walkie talkie an M4 and handgun which we have ready. Two members would guard the front and back entrances while other family members would move valuables upstairs. After everything was secure and safe I'd go over to the neighbors house and give them a radio and see if they needed firearms. If possible then I'd go to the other neighbors house and do the same. After all that I'd have my wife take over and Id get some rest because I'll be up all night. Exterior flood lights really come into play here. We have enough food and water to outlast any riot. Oh and leave tresspassers where they lie to discourage other violaters.
Old July 22, 2005, 06:32 AM   #40
Bravo25

Well first I would mount the M60 on the pickup. Then install the 40mm tube on the AR. I would then Charge the chainlink fence with 220 volts, and strategically place the claymores. Cook up a few moltov cocktails, and make some C4. Reinforce the doors, and walls in a safe room, and add pressuration tanks to keep out any outside contamination. Then sit it out. I would not go out to the trouble, but neither would the trouble want to come to me.

When faced with impossible overwhelming odds, prudance would dictate the only thing left is to figure out what is possible, and to do it.

Punishment for all crimes should increase until the recitivism rate approaches zero.
Old July 22, 2005, 12:38 PM   #41
CyberSEAL

Quote:
Hmmmm...how about leave. My stuff is not worth my life or worth taking a life for. We are talking about looters, right? If they came to do me harm...then its an entirely different question and situation.
Firstly, I am not about to be tread upon by any thugs. I own a nice house with a lot of nice stuff in it and if people want to break in and try to steal it, I will gladly end their pathetic existence on this planet. Secondly, anyone trying to enter my house without authorization is a perceived threat.
Old July 22, 2005, 06:49 PM   #42
Mannlicher

Stay on your side of the tracks. Seems most of these riots take place in the very location that certain groups that are prone to rioting live. To date, they don't head over to areas where folks like me live.
Now, if that were to change, then I have a contingency plan..........

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old July 22, 2005, 07:55 PM   #43
sm

What do you do?

Many folks have already touched on what I am about to say/ share.

I grew up when the threat of communism was the hot topic. We had the JKF shooting in Dallas, Kruschev had banged his shoe and stated "...we will destroythe US from within..." , we had Civil Defense drills more than fire drills, and everyone knew what the CD symbols looked like - these designated bldgs where one went for safety...like while downtown shopping. JCPenny's basement was one place to go...

One knew their neighbors, many times families lived on the same properties, or neighborhoods.

"Bug out Bags and Serious Hit The Fan..." This is NOT a new concept. Folks have always planned ahead. Water, canned foods from the garden, tornado shelters, generators, first aid...you name it. Go ask a 80 yr how they survived during the Depression.

They survived before 911, before Internet, before 24/7/365 box stores existed.

Eldest of 4 kids, the Rioters decided to come to our neighborhood, brick batting the house. I put kids in a bedroom, they had been taught best can at there ages what to do. Hundkered down and using heavy furniture.

I pushed a kitchen chair under the knob of the back door, I pushed a chair in front of the front door - the one being brick batted.

When the wooden door gave way, and that chair was moved aside... - I used MY .22 revolver to stop an immediate threat.

You tell the sibs you are okay and for the eldest of the 3 in the bedroom to give the others some comfort. You reload the spent rds, then you wait. When the neighbor hollers out with the pre-arranged password - you have help.

You use some old boards another neighbor has to nail over the windows and front door. Neighbors checked on one another - toting lever actions, revolvers, shotguns...

...Nailing up boards and such as need with lights from lanterns, flashights and such. Any small grass fires you put out with garden hoses...you took action, you didn't have lights, and the phone was either dead, or the party line was overloaded.

The LEOs have enough to contend to as is in other areas, you deal with it yourself, that is why you pre planned everything from communications, to water and food, to guns and ammo.

The little sibs eat canned peaches, fight over the 'juice" in the jar, tear stained faces get sticky, and everything else too. Gonna be allright, we will deal with the peanut butter and crackers going everywhere too, later.

This would NOT be the last time I would face Rioters that chose to come to where I was. You do what you have practiced, trained, educated, prepared ahead for, the numbers of the years may change - the basics never do.
Old July 23, 2005, 10:27 AM   #44
tshadow6

riots

Not far off the mark, Miami rioted three times in the 1980s, L.A. went through three days of rioting after the first Rodney King trial,so the scenerio has merit. I'd just load all my weaponsm kep the family inside and shoot the first person tried to harm any of us.
Old July 23, 2005, 02:18 PM   #45
Double Naught Spy

Why do we resort to ebonics when we talk about the police?

Hunkering down with the family inside the riot zone sounds like a bad idea, assuming any of the family are children. Why expose them to a danger/risk you apparently know is coming?
Old July 24, 2005, 06:03 AM   #46
10mm Bob

What would I do? Exactly what I did during the "Rodney King Riots." I'd go about my usual business, but with a little more firepower in the vehicle --- there is already a 10mm handgun on my person in normal times. Pop a carbine and a few high-cap magazines in the car "just in case."
Old July 24, 2005, 10:11 PM   #47
cosmolinelover

you're apparently in california 10mm Bob, I bet Feinstein and Boxer wouldn't be too happy with your attitude

But I have no problem with it
Old July 25, 2005, 12:25 AM   #48
jeff_troop

we don't often have riots in rural mississippi

but if we did my main concern would be the number of large windows i have in my hizzle.
Old July 25, 2005, 03:56 AM   #49
10mm Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmolinelover
you're apparently in california 10mm Bob, I bet Feinstein and Boxer wouldn't be too happy with your attitude
My US Senators and I rarely agree on much of anything, especially where firearms are concerned. I suppose Sen.Feinstein and I do agree on one firearm-related issue --- she had a CCW and I currently have one.
Old August 5, 2005, 10:48 PM   #50
packa45

The ebonics really makes a valid question lose it's validity.

Quote:
And I think nothing else says 'leave me alone' more profoundly than an AK
Agreed.

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns.