The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old March 13, 2019, 12:22 PM   #1
kilotanker22

Registration in Pennsylvania

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/fir...#axzz5i1lFtzg1
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine
Old March 13, 2019, 12:28 PM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
If the State Police rejects the person's application, then they will have ten days to appeal the decision. The owner must turn their firearms into the State Police within three days of receiving notification of the rejection. If a person does not appeal the decision within ten days, their right is forfeit.
What "application"? If I already own the guns and the .gov requires me to register them, I'm not "applying" for anything, I'm merely complying with a requirement to notify the state police that I already own certain items that now require registration.

What about firearms that (legally) do not have serial numbers? If I own them legally and they are not legally required to have serial numbers, what happens if I report one or more such firearms and leave the serial number box blank?
Old March 13, 2019, 02:41 PM   #3
JN01

Quote:
The gun owner must keep all firearms unloaded and disassembled or bound by a trigger lock. If a firearms owner doesn't secure their firearm that way, they would be guilty of a crime. This rule even applies to homes with no children.
I believe SCOTUS already declared this unconstitutional under the Heller decision.
Old March 13, 2019, 04:56 PM   #4
loknload

This will probably not make it through Committee, it won’t get passed.
Old March 13, 2019, 06:28 PM   #5
FITASC

This is the typical approach though; throw anything and everything against the wall to see what sticks; then do it again and again.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old March 13, 2019, 08:07 PM   #6
sigarms228

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITASC View Post
This is the typical approach though; throw anything and everything against the wall to see what sticks; then do it again and again.
Yep, that is what they do in Illinois over and over and over. Then when there is the next school mass shooting in a gun free zone they try to quickly get as many of these anti gun bills passed as possible while emotions run high.
Old March 14, 2019, 06:01 AM   #7
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

sigh ... this is a classic Drive-By Thread.

Closed
Closed Thread