The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 25, 2019, 04:24 PM   #26
arcticap

To be honest, I'm getting sort of giddy with excitement for you guys.
It sounds like you're both having custom guns made to order just for you.
Yahoo!!!!
Old February 17, 2019, 10:12 PM   #27
drobs

Have they shipped any yet?
Old February 17, 2019, 11:01 PM   #28
freedom475

Yeah..I really want one too!!. The Diablo looks SUPER fun!

I was on the fence about buying one..but now after talking with Tim on the phone, I'm going to have to have a Diablo!

Wonder how those plastic grips "really" fit?? Be nice to see a picture without the grips. Be great if you could make up a set of grips from wood or elk horn.

The Ped Howdah is fun...but this little Diablo sure looks sweet and I think it was more of what I had in mind when I got the Pedersoli.

The Ped is very big and almost awkward with the long grip. Recoil of the 20ga is extremely mild with sane charges of BP behind Buck&Ball So I doubt the Diablo will have much recoil at all.

Mister, why do you carry a 45? "Cause Sam Colt don't make a 46."

Last edited by freedom475; February 18, 2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old February 21, 2019, 10:53 PM   #29
drobs

Since these are BP, if they were really smart they could design the receiver so it will take readily available wood stocks, forearms, and grips from other mass produced firearms.

Make them Mossberg stock compatible.
Old March 1, 2019, 09:39 AM   #30
TheAtomsFam

The AGC Diablo

What a fine, enjoyable firearm concept!
Unfortunately after having ordered one the 10th of December 2018,
I still have yet to see it. AGC has updated their site on multiple occasions. From a computer generated "diablo" image to physical pictures, with multiple models/options/packages. More than a few updates have been made to the site since I placed my order. Maybe mine is one of the ones pictured!!!!
I truly hope to receive my purchased product soon to give it an honest review.

I did not use the coupon they provided me, after the wait and few "estimated timeframes" exceeded.I wish I had, and I figure they'd darn well throw me in a free shirt or something.
Old March 1, 2019, 01:27 PM   #31
noelf2

Quote:
Unfortunately after having ordered one the 10th of December 2018,
I still have yet to see it.
You know, one could easily confuse this with a scam. Did you know upfront that they took a long time to ship? 3 months or more?
Old March 1, 2019, 10:40 PM   #32
Kephart

Diablo

I ordered one last week, they say 6 weeks until delivery. It does make me nervous that as far as I can tell, no one has ever seen an actual gun. I'm going to be really disappointed if this isn't legit.

Last edited by Kephart; March 2, 2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old March 3, 2019, 12:53 PM   #33
TheAtomsFam

I will say upfront, they stated an 8 week wait.I just hope to get my Diablo soon.
Screw the $400 or whatever.If this muzzleloader is as cool as it's potential, I'd buy 2 more right off.As it sit's if I don't receive it within a month.I'm going to drive to their facility in Houston, as they've indicated and figure this out firsthand. Just moved to TX and it seems like a fun trip, traffic aside.
Old March 4, 2019, 01:06 PM   #34
Schlitz 45

I got an email back on 2/26 from Tim at AGC saying the Diablo was still on backorder & they would inform me a week before it ships. Ordered on 1-13-19 & inquired about delivery & was told "4 weeks or so" on 1/18. Was asked about grip color & bead sight 2/3 that I responded to-so there is back & forth communication so I'm waitin' paitently & not going to call scam but I do believe they were possibly a bit overwhelmed with the number of orders?
Old March 4, 2019, 01:24 PM   #35
Roamin_Wade

They remind me of those old Ithaca "auto and burglar" 20 gauge pistol handled guns. Those were relegated to the NFA guns when that law passed in the early 20th Century. I wonder if those will be allowed now.

Last edited by Roamin_Wade; March 4, 2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old March 4, 2019, 03:24 PM   #36
Kephart

It's going to make me very happy when someone finally receives their gun. I've searched the internet for days and so far I havn't found a single review or person that has one. One would think they would have made a few before they started selling them.
Old March 4, 2019, 04:01 PM   #37
noelf2

Not trying to be negative, but it seems pretty obvious that they are using order payments as capital to spin up production, buying the tooling and necessary materials. This is a way of playing it safe (other people's money). They really should state that this is what they're doing, but if they had, would anyone have payed for one? They probably haven't reached the point where they have enough orders to justify the bulk purchase of materials, hence the delays. How much longer they can delay is up to those that ordered. If a bunch of cancels for backorders comes in, they'll probably scrap the whole thing. If they can't provide refunds, then, bankruptcy.
Old March 7, 2019, 04:27 PM   #38
arcticap

Was anyone's credit card charged before shipment?
Did your credit card bill or debit card statement show that a charge was made by AGC?
Old March 7, 2019, 06:03 PM   #39
Kephart

Yes, my card was charged the next day after I placed my order.
Old March 7, 2019, 06:46 PM   #40
51cskipper

Guys, I have to relate my experience with this outfit.
On Jan 5, I placed an order for one of their "Bulldog" models and my credit card was billed.
A couple of weeks later, I sent an email inquiring about my order and shipping date. They told me a couple of weeks and then later "Mid to late February".
On March 5, I contacted them and they said that they were so busy making one of their other models that it would be delayed.
I canceled the order. 3 days later my credit card was credited.
One thing that happened about 2weeks into the transaction...I received a phone call from their credit card handling company. Thay asked if I had received any product and/or did I receive a shipping date. They were trying to find out if these guys were on the level.
I would not order one of these unless I verified that someone I knew or trusted had actually received one.
They may be an OK company and just swamped with orders, but they're NOT for me.

Last edited by 51cskipper; March 7, 2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old March 7, 2019, 08:39 PM   #41
Kephart

It is encouraging that they allowed you to cancel the order and credited back your money without a fight. I sent them an email tonight informing them that people are starting to worry and they really need to start shipping some guns. I really hope they are an OK company. I guess time will tell.
Old March 12, 2019, 06:26 AM   #42
TheAtomsFam

Decided to share my most recent conversation with Tim at AGC. Make of it what you will, but my patience is running thin.This conversation was via e-mail.
ME
""""" So...... Here's the situation you're already aware of. Many have found AGC's products neat and worth the investment. After placing orders and paying, through multiple timeframes, there is a lot of folks chomping at the bit to at least see one owned personally by a purchaser.
If you can ship a pre or early production model to me, in my specified configuration.I can ease the worries of and reinforce the merit of patience to the internet forum gun community by-and-large. Thanks much Tim. """""""

TIM AGC
""""""Hi John

Thats unfortunate news, but we are not going to rush a product to market just to satisfy a few back orders.

First of all I understand your frustration, but please understand that since this is a new product we have experienced some production delays in ramping things up and have tried to provide updates on our progress. We have made considerable advances but still need time to complete orders.

Part of the concept of offering an introductory price with a $100 discount to our customers was the understanding that this was a pre-order situation (this means back order) and this was clearly indicated in our product description with a production time estimate of approximately 6 weeks, and yes we have exceeded that. But this was plainly and boldly explained.

We do not have a firm delivery date as of yet, we expect this to take at least a few more weeks. We do not want customers to feel ripped off or otherwise unhappy, we would prefer to cancel any outstanding pre-order to avoid that.

When we announced our intention to go ahead and tool up and produce the Diablo last November, we were criticized and called a scam since we only showed 3D renderings of the Diablo pistol at that time, now of course that we show pictures of the manufactured products those claims have disappeared. Next we were called an ATF trap, I guess people did not bother to read the few technical points that describe what the product is and is not.

Thank you for the suggestion and offer, yes I will ask to move around a few things to get a unit to you asap for review. I know folks are anxious to get their product and we are motivated as well. We do hope to get caught up on any outstanding orders within 2 months but that of course depends on the rate of new incoming orders, we are doing what we can.

Thank you
Tim """""""""
Old March 12, 2019, 06:34 AM   #43
TheAtomsFam

Heres a fact that Tim from AGC thinks we/I do not know.Is that after a quick search and contacting folks on the internet. ALL ORDERS from AGC are back-orders. Every single person on the bushcraft forum, on the ML forum, on AR-15, and here on TFL, that has ordered and paid for one, has NOT RECEIVED one.Even orders from November of 2018.So no there is not one in existence in private hands.Unless some A-hole gave one to his kids or cousins before sending product to paying customers.
Old March 12, 2019, 08:04 AM   #44
51cskipper

Quote:
Part of the concept of offering an introductory price with a $100 discount to our customers was the understanding that this was a pre-order situation (this means back order) and this was clearly indicated in our product description with a production time estimate of approximately 6 weeks, and yes we have exceeded that. But this was plainly and boldly explained.
These were NEVER advertised as "Pre-order" or "Back-order" products. If it says so now, then they changed their web page.
My money was refunded, but I may still have a talk with their County District Attorney's Fraud Division.
Old March 12, 2019, 08:45 AM   #45
Kephart

I received that same email almost word for word. I was told six weeks when I ordered. If after six weeks I don't have the gun, I'm going to cancel my order and request a refund. It's well to remember that charges on a credit card must be disputed within 60 days of the charge appearing on your statement. I'm not going to let it go outside that window.
Old March 12, 2019, 08:59 AM   #46
51cskipper

I see that their advertised address is :
855 Village Center Drive Suite 342
St.Paul, MN 55127-3002

However, if you look up their web page filing address, you get:
AMERICAN GUN CRAFT
31205 FALCON AVE
STACY
MN
UNITED STATES

Which is "Promotion Management Center" https://pmci.com
Old March 12, 2019, 10:02 AM   #47
2wheelwander

I'm gonna need the snakeskin version, a waxed cotton full length duster, a Stetson, a mullet, and a pair of wrap around Oakleys.

Oh, and a full on leg rig to carry it in when I go shopping. Maybe a tooth pick.

I still want one.
Old March 12, 2019, 12:16 PM   #48
noelf2

Quote:
I still want one.
I don't, but, there have been a lot of people wanting for a long time now.
Old March 12, 2019, 12:47 PM   #49
Kephart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51cskipper View Post
I see that their advertised address is :
855 Village Center Drive Suite 342
St.Paul, MN 55127-3002

However, if you look up their web page filing address, you get:
AMERICAN GUN CRAFT
31205 FALCON AVE
STACY
MN
UNITED STATES

Which is "Promotion Management Center" https://pmci.com
Google Maps brings up what looks like a strip mall for that address....
Old March 12, 2019, 03:08 PM   #50
TheAtomsFam

Considering cancelling my Diablo that I ordered and paid for on Dec 10th 2018.But man, really, truly...... I'd rather have that neat muzzle loading, apocalypse piece sitting in my collection of WMD's.....
THESE BASTARDS