The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 17, 2018, 05:31 PM   #26
Unclenick
Staff

I started using mostly Starline some time back. It lasts as long as old Winchester bulk brass did for me, and some of that handled up to 50 target level reloads, plus the Starline seems to have about half the weight variation of most other cases and was generally more consistent in every way. Remington would start splitting after fewer reloads for me because of the work-hardening problem.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old November 17, 2018, 07:16 PM   #27
cw308

Unclenick
What I have been doing with my 45auto brass mixed brands , have 400+ fired rounds , I'll load mixed one week , same brand the next week . When I have 50 reloadable cases left I'll clean them and start all over on my 5th cycle .after firing I'll pop the primers . Handgun is just for fun , benchrest 308 is accuracy , enjoyable but fun in a different way , powder charges , sizing and seating more precise . Got to love it or get out of the sport . I even love cleaning my firearms . Thanks for all your help full advise .

Chris
Old November 18, 2018, 03:53 PM   #28
Unclenick
Staff

You're welcome. BTW, you can combine the .45 and 308 projects. As you wear out brass from one, you can set it up along a horizontal board as targets for the other. Of course, the ranges won't be quite the same.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old November 18, 2018, 05:38 PM   #29
cw308

Our range is pretty strict , only one centered target on the target board at a time . Not many ranges left on Long Island NY . Majority of the people here want all the ranges closed if they had there way . Have to travel one hour to the nearest range . Even though every day at the range is a good day .

Chtis