The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old February 19, 2017, 08:51 PM   #1
Prothe2nd

Ram-line 98 Mauser mark x stock

Will a ram-line 98 Mauser mark x stock fit my 1944 K98 mauser? Really need a replacement stock
Old February 19, 2017, 09:42 PM   #2
taylorce1

They are made for factory contour barrels, not military barrels. However, the action should fit. It probably won't be a drop in fit.
Old February 20, 2017, 08:40 PM   #3
Mobuck

The MK10 stock will be inlet for a quick release floor plate which is slightly different vs the military box. The bolt handle cut-out will likely be different, also. Barrel channel will be way too small and requires considerable cutting for the rear sight base on the military barrel. Probably will be a cut for the thumb safety on the Mk10, also.
Old February 21, 2017, 06:32 PM   #4
Huffmanite

I have only one experience with a Ram-line stock for a mauser 98 action. Bought a custom mauser 98 action 25-06 rifle from a fellow range member several years ago, who'd had a local gunsmith with a decent reputation build it for him. About best 100 yd group he could shoot with it was 2 1/2". He was so disgusted with the rifle, sold it to me for $200, which was less than 1/3 what it'd cost him. I bought it just to get the very nicely done 98 mauser action in the rifle.

Long story short, will decide to see what I could do with the rifle. Will get the 25-06 rifle to shoot consistent 3/4" groups.

Most of my work was on the fit of the 98 action in the Ram-line stock. In short, was not a good fit.....recall spending some time with my dremel tool on its plastic around the receiver and bottom metal and re-bedding it.