The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old January 6, 2006, 03:30 PM   #1
McBrideGuns

Revelation model 205??

I have a Revelation model 205 30-30 put out by Western Auto. I have searched the web every way I know how and cannot find anything on this gun. It's a lever action and if you are not really quick at the loading cycle, it jams. Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

McBride
Old January 6, 2006, 05:25 PM   #2
Parmour

Revelation

Hi,
I bet Harley will be able to point you in the right direction for the information you want.
I bet it will end up being a Savage or Stevens.
There was a list floating around a few years ago of all the early American Gun makers and it showed the Name and model of the gun and then what Western Auto or Mongomery Ward and others called the same gun. ( they would give it a new name and model number)
There may be an identical rifle like yours but just called by another name.I wish I could find that list !! Here is a web site that may help some till Harley answers you question.
Later,
Phil
http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/FAQ/416
Old January 6, 2006, 07:15 PM   #3
RJay

My reference shows your rifle to be a Mossberg 472C ( Lever action , 20" barrel, tubular magazine, open sights, blued with walnut stock) Your rifle was introduced in 1972.
Old January 6, 2006, 07:16 PM   #4
RJay

My reference shows your rifle to be a Mossberg 472C ( Lever action , 20" barrel, tubular magazine, open sights, blued with walnut stock) Your rifle was introduced in 1972.
Old January 6, 2006, 07:24 PM   #5
RJay

Double your pleasure , Double your fun