The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 25, 2001, 06:40 PM   #1
j-heart

Tristar (American Arms) Phantom Semiautomatics

I've been searching for a low cost semi-auto shotgun and came accross the Phantom Semiautomatics . Any one have any experience with these?
Old December 8, 2001, 05:32 PM   #2
Brent

I was about to ask the same question, but you beat me to the punch. I am interested in the price and reliability compared to the Beretta and the Benelli defense models.
Old December 8, 2001, 05:49 PM   #3
Brent

I also want to know how many shells the Phantom HP holds. This information is missing from the Spec sheet on the company's web site.
Old December 9, 2001, 09:06 AM   #4
j-heart

I've received so many inconsistant answers to this question that I would not even want to say what I heard. I believe the confusion surrounds is that the Phantom HP comes with a mag extension kit.

Getting the manuf. sugg. price is also a challenge. I was pricing it in my area (St. Louis, MO) and called a distributer and they sell it to dealers in my area for about $270. The dealers seem to sell it for around $360, but I thought the sugg price was less than that ($330)? Gunfinder.net wants $348 + shipping.

Getting the company on the phone is no easy task if your dealer or you are trying to get information. Keep calling, I've made it through once, someone does work there.
Old December 10, 2001, 04:58 PM   #5
Brent

I just talked to a person at Tristar and was told that the Phantom HP holds five shells. The shotgun is actually manufactured by American Arms Shotguns. The list price in in the 2000 edition of Shooter's Bible is $439. It is possible to replace the 19" barrel with a longer hunting barrel. There is no magazine extension tube available.