The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 9, 2013, 11:09 PM   #76
Carry_24/7

Alex could have done a lot of things...if he was smart enough to do it. There are folks stating he does not represent them, which is true...unless you signed his petition IMO. I did not.

Law number 4 of the "48 laws of power" states, "always say less than is necessary". Alex is one of those guys that will motor mouth himself and everyone else with him off a cliff.

Like Piers or not (I'll take not), we cannot underestimate his intelligence, that's a mistake.
Old January 10, 2013, 02:08 AM   #77
nate45

After watching the way Piers treated Larry Pratt, the Alex Jones deal and now the death threat show, I can't see why anyone reputable would want to appear. Its a clown show.
Old January 10, 2013, 02:58 AM   #78
thallub

Quote:
After watching the way Piers treated Larry Pratt, the Alex Jones deal and now the death threat show, I can't see why anyone reputable would want to appear. Its a clown show.
Bingo:

BTW: This same Piers Morgan was canned by the British Daily Mirror after making up torture claims against British troops.
Old January 10, 2013, 09:59 AM   #79
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Its a clown show.
Perhaps, but it's a clown show that runs in a prime-time slot on a major news network. That's a lot of viewers.
Old January 10, 2013, 10:01 AM   #80
JWT

Just saw a clip of Jone's rant on Morgans show. What a disaster. He certainly does a lot more damage than good for gun rights. The word kook comes to mind.
Old January 10, 2013, 10:56 AM   #81
jimbob86

Quote:
Samuel Adams was a consensus builder
..... who organized the Boston Tea Party ..... Even Alex Jones is not into vandalism ......
Old January 11, 2013, 09:35 AM   #82
nate45

CNN'S MORGAN SLAMS DOWN CONSTITUTION, CALLS IT 'YOUR LITTLE BOOK'

I didn't see this program, I'm done watching Piers Morgan, no matter the issue, or whom his guest is. Regardless of that fact, I just read the text from the above linked article. Ben Shapiro did an excellent job of debating Morgan.
Old January 11, 2013, 11:09 AM   #83
Glenn E. Meyer

Here's an interesting take on Piers' motives and his threat to self-deport himself.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...usade/?hpid=z2

The best is that he isn't for gun control but Piers Morgan Gun Control - his PR.
Old January 11, 2013, 11:48 AM   #84
rickyrick

So it seems the AR15 is now an assault weapon.
Old January 11, 2013, 05:25 PM   #85
OPC

Quote:
nate45 wrote: CNN'S MORGAN SLAMS DOWN CONSTITUTION, CALLS IT 'YOUR LITTLE BOOK'

I didn't see this program, I'm done watching Piers Morgan, no matter the issue, or whom his guest is. Regardless of that fact, I just read the text from the above linked article. Ben Shapiro did an excellent job of debating Morgan.
That was great! Thanks for posting that. I can only imgine Morgan is still kicking his producer for bringing Shapiro on the show.
Old January 11, 2013, 11:25 PM   #86
TheBigO

In watching the piece with Ben Shapiro I wonder how anyone can stay as cool as he did.

I think that his point that Piers acts like a bully and just pokes to get a response was a good way to call him out. Overall he brings nothing to the table but jabs to get a reaction from the person he has on. I think that Shapiro was able to point this out and do his best to not take the bait.

I will say at the end it was funny when he kept asking why we needed to stay armed, and wanted to spin Shapiro's response of "to protect our self from a tyrannical government" into something that only a crazy person would believe.

If you believe that it was written into the Constitution because the founding fathers thought we might someday have a really bad deer or duck problem you sir are mistaken!
Old January 11, 2013, 11:40 PM   #87
Ridge_Runner_5

Quote:
BTW: This same Piers Morgan was canned by the British Daily Mirror after making up torture claims against British troops.
He was also part of the phone hacking scandal, where British tabloids were hacking into the phones of missing teenagers, recording the voice mail messages, and then deleting them so more could be recorded. This harmed the police investigation incredibly, as they could not listen to the older messages, and as the newer ones were deleted, they assumed the missing teenagers were still OK. They had in fact been killed some time earlier.
Old January 12, 2013, 12:06 AM   #88
nate45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrick
So it seems the AR15 is now an assault weapon.
It is, whether we like it or not. Its part of the lexicon.

Just as gay came to denote homosexuality and gender sex, etc, etc. Assault weapon is synonymous with AR15s and other militaristic looking rifles. No matter how much any gun people protest it and/or explain what an assault weapon truly is.
Old January 12, 2013, 12:07 AM   #89
Wrothgar

Ben Shapiro was on Morgan last night. Look it up on YouTube, it was EXCELLENT.
Old January 12, 2013, 12:49 AM   #90
Venom1956

Shapiro,

Gun Owners thank you.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old January 12, 2013, 02:39 AM   #91
Ignition Override

We can't prevent Piers from appearing on tv.
By the way, Jeremy Clarkson, who is the car enthusiast on "BBC America's" "Top Gear once punched Piers (for real),and it might have been broadcast.
There are other reasons why "Mr." Piers Morgan now resides in the US....

But have people warned Mr. Jones to Never Again appear on television, because he is unable to remain personally detached from the issues, and he only hurts the pro-2nd amendment cause?
He is an intelligent guy, but he did not anticipate or suspect why he was invited onto the show?

Wrothgar/Venom 1956:
Thanks for the reminder of Mr. Shapiro's excellent debate with Piers.

Last edited by Ignition Override; January 12, 2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old January 13, 2013, 07:45 AM   #92
Skadoosh

Larry Pratt, the executive director of Gun Owners Of America, schooled Piers Morgan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=rudA9LESQi0
Old January 13, 2013, 02:21 PM   #93
Venom1956

Pratt did so as well, but I think Shapiro was able to really drive points home since he was there in person. Also Piers got a lot of flak for just talking over, insulting guests. Which he did to the extreme with Pratt he reigned it in with Shapiro so it allowed him to get in a lot more useful information.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old February 25, 2013, 01:48 AM   #94
freedash22

Not a good representative

In my opinion Alex Jones blew it. I wish this guy could "unrepresent" us but it's done. Clearly, he fell for the trap Piers and CNN laid out for him. His disastrous pitch will be seen by many as clear indication for the immediate need for more stringent background and mental health checks for all gun owners everywhere.