The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 23, 2010, 08:44 PM   #1
hemdog

Sig Mosquito

I just shot a sig mosquito this past weekend and really liked it, enough so that I'm thinking of buying one. Anyone have one and care to share your thoughts on it, good, bad or ugly?
Old November 23, 2010, 08:46 PM   #2
chris in va

Don't know about the latest batch, but they haven't had the most stellar history.
Old November 23, 2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Hoss Fly

Had two about 2 yrs ago & had good luck with them & the wife & I really enjoyed them
We just outgrew them i guess
Not to mean they are kids guns, my wife just grew to a 9mm
Old November 23, 2010, 09:27 PM   #4
RGPM1A

Two different people in my club bought them this year and they both sold them almost immediately at a loss. FTF, FTE, really crappy triggers.
Old November 23, 2010, 09:39 PM   #5
javabum

I owned one.......and took it back for a full refund.worst piece of metal an plastic ever concieved in one package.

Cured me of ever owning a sig for life...not because of the crappy function of the gun,but because of their rude customer service.

NRA Life member
Old November 23, 2010, 09:46 PM   #6
Cheapshooter

Use the tool bar at the top of this page. You'll get a lot of information, and views. More less favorable than positive.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old November 23, 2010, 09:46 PM   #7
swmp9jrm

If you want to know the truth about the Mosquito, go here:

Mosquito Thread

I have one. I happen to like it. Is it perfect - no way. But it's good enough to provide a boat load of fun with a small investment. It needs to be kept clean and well maintained. It's a bit picky on ammo - mine runs about 95+% on CCI MiniMag and about 85+% on the cheaper bulk stuff. Not stellar, but I'm having fun with it, I'm not counting on it to protect me in a SHTF situation. I got it because it's similar in size and weight to my other SIGS. The trigger isn't the best either - I did some polishing on the entire inside of the gun and it improved quite a bit.
Old November 23, 2010, 09:57 PM   #8
pichon

I have used both the mosquito and the p22. Both prefer minimags. Lots, and I mean lots of FTEs with cheap Federal stuff. That is why I chose the BuckMark. It is heavier and uglier, but even the cheap ammo is enough to cycle the action every time. It is quite accurate with most ammo, and spare mags are easy to find. I have also heard good things about the Rugers.
Old November 23, 2010, 10:09 PM   #9
WVsig

Pot metal 22 which is very ammo picky. Most people report it is only reliable with hot 22 ammo. Cheap bulk stuff jams the gun. Horrible trigger which is not Sig like at all. They have very mixed results. Not Sigs best effort. IMHO

They are not even made by Sig. I would pass and get yourself something else. If you really want a Sig 22lr you might try one of the Sig conversion kits.

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/Sho...&productid=266

Old November 24, 2010, 01:44 AM   #10
t45

I have one and got it for my son. He loves it. The older ones had several issues but my new model has been flawless. Keep it clean and feed it what it likes and you will be happy.

Tags
mosquito , sig mosquito