The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 30, 2008, 11:18 PM   #1
Tactman

Buckmark Standard SS URX 22LR

I recently purchased this Buckmark and have had consistent misfeeds with just about every ammo. After further investigation, it appears the magazine is not totally engaging at the top. When I manually push the clip up and leave my hand under it, there is not a misfeed. Does this require the manufacturer addressing this issue or can I rectify? BTW, it is still under warranty. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Tactman; December 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old December 31, 2008, 12:56 PM   #2
Old Gaffer

Quote:
magazine is not totally engaging at the top. When I manually push the clip up and leave my hand under it, there is not a misfeed. Does this require the manufacturer addressing this issue or can I rectify? BTW, it is still under warranty. Thanks in advance.
First off, how many rounds have you shot? My Buckmark Hunter didn't really settle down to the 100% reliable it is now until I had about 1000 rounds down the pipe. Before you send the gun back, clean it and shoot it and clean it and shoot it some more.

If you still have problems after the gun's broken in, then there are a two (at least) possible points of fault here - one is the pistol, the other is the magazine.

If it's at all possible, try another magazine and see if you still have the same problem. If the problem goes away with a different magazine, you've isolated the problem. If it doesn't, then you've isolated the problem.

Jump over to rimfirecentral.com and check out the Bronwing forum - there's a metric tonne of good info there on Buckmarks; check out postings by Chim and Heggis.

Once you get your Buckmark working properly (and you will, I promise) you'll really appreciate just what a fine pistol you have.

All the best,
Rob
Old December 31, 2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Sneezer

Try the CCI Mini Mags. The two I have will only run on those but they are so accurate and fun I can't get angry. Don't give up on the gun you will figure it out.