The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 2, 2001, 08:44 PM   #1
Jim V

Thursday, when I got home from work, I found a white box from Lou Alessi (Alessi Holsters, Inc.) inside the storm door. There is something about getting a package from Lou that is almost like Christmas morning when you were a kid, you just know that something really great is going to be in the package. The box held one of Lou's CQC/I holsters for the 1911 (as if you could not guess), the prettiest two tone holster one could ever ask for. The CQC/I is a IWB holster that has interchangable loops so if you go from a 1 1/2" belt to a 1 1/4" belt you can keep the same holster.

The fit of the pistol to holster was perfect, no force to get the pistol holstered and, better yet, no need for the help of my next door neighbor to get the 1911 unholstered. I did dab a little of Mitch Rosen's Leather Lightning inside the holster (forgive me Lou) but it was not really needed. I did have a little struggle getting the loops snapped around my belt the first time but I have had the same problem with holsters from other makers.

The major problem with the holster is that it is so darned good looking I don't want to hide it as a IWB holster.

I think that I am going to like this holster.
Old March 3, 2001, 07:19 AM   #2
STEVE M

Jim, don't hide it, post us a pic of it.
Old March 5, 2001, 05:56 AM   #3
Halfpint

Location: About to be gobbled up by "The People's Republic of Firestone"!
BTT

Of course I'm out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there!
Old March 5, 2001, 07:01 PM   #4
Jim V

If I could, I would......

post a photo' of the holster, but I can't. The best I can do is suggest that you hike over to http://www.1911forum.com and work your way to the ACCESSORIES forum and look at my posting there. ArmySon posted a couple of pictures of his CQC/I for the Kahr.
Old March 6, 2001, 10:32 AM   #5
eje

Here's a picture of mine (for a Glock 19):
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...161&p=42716362
Old March 6, 2001, 10:52 AM   #6
Jim V

Thanks eje.....

for posting a picture of your CQC/I. Mine is the two tone model with the golden brown body and the black staps and mouth re-enforcement.

I've been wearing the holster every day since I got it. I had been wearing a Sparks http://www.miltsparks.com WATCH 6 prior to getting the CQC/I and there was a short transition period from the flatter W6 to the CQC/I. Once I got used to the feel of the holster I don't notice it on my/in my belt. It conceals well under a untucked shirt or sweat shirt. I have several leather vests that I wear and the holstered 1911 can not be seen under them. Some of my belt holsters do not provide that degree of concealment.

I will continue to give updates as the holster and I merge forces, as it were. I are happy!!