The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 16, 2017, 10:57 AM   #1
OhioGuy

Recommendations for "best" shot timer?

I want to get a shot timer that's easy to use by myself, capable of distinguishing my shots from those of neighboring lanes when shooting indoors, and with enough features to be able to know when I've started, when I've finished and what my shot intervals were.

Just about everyone has a blue timer that seems to have been around for a very long time. There are plenty of models out there, including one that can be worn as a watch ("Shotmaxx") and supposedly uses an accelerometer to detect recoil and more accurately know when you've fired, vs. someone next to you.

I gather that most shot timer apps on phones aren't really good enough for serious training, but maybe I can be convinced otherwise.

Any recommendations? And, any recommendations for a good source of used stuff? I'd rather not pay $150 for it if I don't have to.

Thanks!