The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old November 2, 2004, 04:48 PM   #51
mikepenn

I don't want to get anyone in trouble, buts it's two regulars that don't know each other. If it happens soon I'm really going to be pissed I'm just finishing my $3000 SPR AR and I didn't put together AIC's bolt gun to shoot at 100yds somewhere.
Old November 2, 2004, 04:53 PM   #52
Jamie Young

I've heard so many rumors in the last few years that I don't pay much attention. I do know that the owners were pissed by the fact that the majority of the members didn't help them out when the township was trying to shut them down. That's about the time I started getting involved in trying to bring in more members.

That's also the reason I chose to shut the range down this time. Some of the members were pretty hostile the last time we held a gathering there because "they wanted to shoot" but didn't want to let the new people come in.

I've heard some people say they've seen these gatherings on this board, and others, and decided to go out to W&W just to check it. I wonder how many people started using W&W more regualarly since the internet board gatherings.

I prefer to shoot with "happy people" instead of miserable grumps even if the grumps are long time members. Unfortunately the club has some pretty egotistical people there.

I emailed the owners just now.

We'll find out the truth soon.
Old November 2, 2004, 04:58 PM   #53
mikepenn

Thanks for the help Jamie. I don't get some of the people there? They complain that it's $20 to shoot all day and then leave the place a mess. I shoot on Sunday's with Ray(range officer). We clean up shells,old targets and help people out. If this place closes some of us are screwed.
Old November 2, 2004, 05:07 PM   #54
Jamie Young

$20 to shoot all day at a place like that is cheap. The owners are sitting on a potential gold mine but they don't know it. If I ran that place it would be a shooters dream land.

If that place closes I'm going to buy land somewhere in PA and only my friends will be allowed to go there.

YOU'RE ALL INVITED!!

Hopefully it won't close but we'll find other places.
Old November 2, 2004, 06:55 PM   #55
mikepenn

Jamie when you find out let me know. Shooting is my meditation.
Old November 2, 2004, 08:44 PM   #56
DanV1317

That place was a mess i thought. Seemed like it could have been a really nice place but they really didn't take THAT good care of it. Then when the lady told me 300$ a year to join, i almost dropped a log in my pants. Realllly nice places up near my house or tannersville are only like 65$ a year and they have like 3 rifle ranges and all these cool pistol ranges along with a really nice area for trap and stuff. Although that place did have cool golf carts! never seen that before......except at a golf course!
Old November 3, 2004, 08:00 AM   #57
Arc Angel

Quote:
A guy here at work said there is a place near Hamburg (Cabela's) that he thinks has sporting clays and a rifle range. He will check and get back.
And that would have to be,

http://www.wingpt.com/

Quote:
I prefer to shoot with "happy people" instead of miserable grumps even if the grumps are long time members. Unfortunately the club has some pretty egotistical people there.
Indeed! You should always try to share the range with other, 'happy shooters'.
Old November 3, 2004, 08:28 AM   #58
Jamie Young

Anyone for a celebration shoot this month?

I doubt we can close the range down again but we can all hang out and do some blasting. I'm also in the process of mounting a flag stand outside my house and I need to shoot up a UN flag and hang it next to my 48 Star American flag.

Do you guys want to shoot up a UN Flag with me?
Old November 3, 2004, 08:31 AM   #59
Jody Hudson

Keep us posted Jamie.

Just please start a new thread and link it from a last post here so we all get onto the next thread!

And, re the UN rag, sure! :barf:
Old November 3, 2004, 11:53 AM   #60
Mike_B

Jamie I'm in for a celebration shoot. I can help with .50 cal size holes in that UN flag.
Old November 3, 2004, 05:24 PM   #61
K80Geoff

Yeah!!! Start collecting Kerry lawn signs
Old November 3, 2004, 08:37 PM   #62
Marcus

Count me in! Marcus
Old November 3, 2004, 09:16 PM   #63
Jody Hudson

Great Minds Think Alike... I started collecting Kerry signs today for shooting practice! No fines for taking signs, now that the election is over!!!
Old November 4, 2004, 01:56 PM   #64
Jamie Young

From the owners:

"Hi Jamie,"

"The gun club was not sold. I am still the owner and we are not closing. I just started our winter hours early because we have not had enough people coming in during the week to pay employees and expenses. I have a note on the door that if a group wants to come in we will accomodate them. We will also be closed during Rifle Deer season."

"Rumors, Rumors, Rumors. Sometimes I really feel important!"

Some of the land around the club may be for sale but not the club.
Old November 4, 2004, 02:37 PM   #65
nvrquit

Celebration Shoot!

I'm up for it!

Please keep us posted and I'll try to hold the schedule open for the next month(that'll be a challenge).
Old November 4, 2004, 03:09 PM   #66
mikepenn

I got the same email from him. I feel a little better. When is deer rifle season?
Old November 4, 2004, 06:04 PM   #67
K80Geoff

Nov 29 thru Dec 11
Old November 4, 2004, 09:19 PM   #68
Marcus

Hey that`s good news Jamie. It`s not perfect but it`s a darn good place for a big shoot. Marcus
Old November 4, 2004, 10:02 PM   #69
Arc Angel

I'm sure the group I was with will want to go back. Next time it's going to be Garands all around!
Old November 4, 2004, 10:12 PM   #70
Mike_B

So when are we doing the celebration shoot.

I'm going to recommend the 19th or 26th. Soon but not past the 29th when we will have to wait until after into December for Deer season. Granted it is only a two week wait, but I want to celebrate now dagnabbit.

I could go for the Garand thing. I don't shoot mine enough and the last couple shoots I've concetrated on bringing oddballs especially handguns for others to try out. Of course I'd still do that anyways.

And I definitely want to put some large caliber holes in that UN flag Jamie was talking about.
Old November 4, 2004, 10:18 PM   #71
9mmMike

Not sure if I can get some more .308 by then but I'll try. I have a firing pin on the way for my 336. That's sort of high-powerish.
I always have enough 12 ga. around though so if anyone is in the mood for a little sporting clays pump-gun style, I'm in.

Mike
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND DID NOT VOTE, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR GUNS!
Old November 4, 2004, 10:29 PM   #72
Mike_B

9mmMike

I'd be willing to contribute 160 rounds of Australian .308 to the cause if it helped get a group shoot going.
Old November 4, 2004, 10:38 PM   #73
9mmMike

That is very kind Mike. I may ask to try a few rounds of the Aussie stuff to compare. I think I've found a guy with the same Port. 7.62 that I was shooting last weekend.
I just need the time to throw the cash together and make sure it ships soon enough for another shoot.
I will do my best.
Either way I'll bring the M1A and all the ammo that I have left. It just occurred to me that I have a buddy with a case (we bought at the same time) that he has not opened yet so maybe I can pester him for some as well as get him to bring his pre-ban M1A. Jamie loves shooting that one!
See ya,
Mike
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND DID NOT VOTE, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR GUNS!
Old November 4, 2004, 10:51 PM   #74
DanV1317

yeah....i'd love to get out for another shoot and try out this new m1 garand that my grandfather just gave me for FREEEEEEEEEE today. he didnt care, he has 3 more of them anyway. now only if he would give me that winchester excellant condition garand or that colt ar15 A3 that he has never taken out of the plastic bag that is in the box that is in the wrapping that still has the mags in the stapled plastic thing, that is in his cellar. That one may be awhile.
Old November 5, 2004, 01:14 PM   #75
David Park

I'm in -- I'm pretty sure I don't have any gun shows for a while.

9mmMike, I have a line on some cases of Port, so I'll see if I can pick up an extra for you. PM me.