The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 22, 2015, 05:38 PM   #151
campingnights

I finally joined, then even before I got my first American Rifleman, I got a fake billing from them trying to deceive me into extend my membership. Bad form really. Looks like they are going to be worse than AARP in trying to flimflam the membership. A bad beginning makes for a bad ending, so I might just be a single year member.

My wife told me that I can't have too many guns, I agreed and told her I can never have too many guns...and then the trouble began
Old May 22, 2015, 06:42 PM   #152
Ballenxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingnights
I finally joined, then even before I got my first American Rifleman, I got a fake billing from them trying to deceive me into extend my membership. Bad form really. Looks like they are going to be worse than AARP in trying to flimflam the membership. A bad beginning makes for a bad ending, so I might just be a single year member.
That's too bad, really. It's a great organization that fights for our rights, and do a good job of it.
It's a shame their reputation is sullied by over zealous sales people in a boiler room.
I do all of my NRA business through their website now days. If the sales people call me, and they do continually, I carefully explain that to the phone sales person.
I suspect the problem is that they (phone sales people) are probably paid via commission. That shouldn't be allowed.
Old May 23, 2015, 07:14 PM   #153
campingnights

Ya, my anger at the flimflam attempt will likely be dissipated during the coming year. They are the only effective game in town for gun rights. Don't want to cut off my nose just to spite my face.

My wife told me that I can't have too many guns, I agreed and told her I can never have too many guns...and then the trouble began
Old May 23, 2015, 09:26 PM   #154
Ballenxj

That and if you sign up for email updates they will send special alerts to keep everybody informed of new threats to our rights, as well as victories.
I encourage everyone to join.
Old June 5, 2015, 10:59 AM   #155
peggysue

I gave up on the NRA years ago. My contribution is buying a lot of guns.
Old June 5, 2015, 12:45 PM   #156
Ballenxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue
I gave up on the NRA years ago.
Sorry to hear you gave up on them. Lots of guns can't hurt though.
IMO, the N.R.A. is one of the largest lobby groups in D.C. (District of Criminals) that help to look out for our rights.
Old June 5, 2015, 11:16 PM   #157
Emerson Biggies

where are you guys clicking to find this "free deal"...... I can't find it anywhere!
Old June 6, 2015, 08:23 AM   #158
Ballenxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson Biggies
where are you guys clicking to find this "free deal"...... I can't find it anywhere!
This thread is about six years old now, so you will have to keep your eyes peeled for any up and coming deals.
I suggest buying an annual membership for now and they will inform you of special offers in the future.
The deal is, they need money to fight the gun grabbers in D.C., so I wont lie, they will ask for donations. It's up to you if you do, or don't want to send them any.
Old June 9, 2015, 04:52 PM   #159
peggysue

NRA has nothing for free they suck as bad as they did or more.. Big bucks.
Old October 26, 2016, 11:24 AM   #160
gmc_kurt

what part of paying money is free

i got duped. they want money to join, its not free