The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 08:58 AM   #1
David Bachelder

Hoarding for Profit

I made it down to my home town this past weekend and heard this story while out at the range.

This guy in Lake Jackson shows up a WalMart after each and every ammo shipment. I supposing he has inside info on what time the shelves will be stocked. He shows up and buys all of the popular ammo, cleans the shelves dry. Next he runs an add in the local weekly sales paper and advertises the ammo. From what I understand he sells a great deal of ammo at an enormus profit.

For example:
He sells a quite a bit of 22LR (I don't know where he got it) for .15 per round. He always has 30-30, 30-06, 270, 223, .45, .40, 9mm, .357 and .38 not to mention several others.

This story came from a very reliable source. Also there are plans in the works to mess up his little business and create some hardship for this guy. I for one, hope they are successful.

On another note, I stopped at WalMart in Huntsville on the way home and saw several boxes of Tula 223 and 5.56 on the shelf along with several other popular rounds. Maybe the shortage is improving a bit.
Old May 12, 2013, 09:03 AM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Well...

1)This isn't a reloading topic.

2)There's already a Mega-"Where is everything thread"

3)We're not doing another "dirty, rotten capitalists" thread.
Closed Thread