The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 31, 2016, 01:15 PM   #1
Mosin-Marauder

JM Pro failure to feed.

So, my New JM Pro is running splendidly, save for one small incident. I ran 10 rounds of winchester dove and quail thru it no problem, 10 rounds of Rio Game load high brass 2 3/4", and 5 rounds of estate game and target, and the only stoppage I had was on the last round of the estate, the round didn't enter the chamber, action cycled fine and ejected and extracted every round, so I'm thinking it was possibly the fault of a slightly deformed shell? As I said this the only malfunction I've had so far in like 35 rounds, and I was wondering if it sounded like it was the fault of the gun or the ammo to you guys. As soon as I pulled the bolt back it chambered fine, so I'm not too sure.

Thanks for your help!
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old July 31, 2016, 02:43 PM   #2
FITASC

1 - did you give it a good cleaning before shooting and relubing per the owner's manual?
2 - 35 rounds isn't even breaking it in yet
3 - most likely Estate, I get a FTF now and again on Beretta semis using their ammo
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old July 31, 2016, 04:00 PM   #3
Rob228

Don't sweat it, just keep shooting. Since you are getting into 3 gun you are going to want to practice clearing stoppages, because no matter how reliable your weapon is, its going to fail at some point and it is far better to have a plan to get it back into the fight than it is to focus on 100% reliability. Every now and then have a friend load it for you with a dummy round somewhere in the tube, or hand it to you with a malfunction already induced and focus on getting it up and running again.