The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old June 24, 2017, 08:35 PM   #26
TailGator

Yeah, James K, I might have better luck with anesthetized rabbits. I will let you know.
Old June 24, 2017, 10:14 PM   #27
ChuteTheMall

Harvey, the 6 foot rabbit, is my size target for pocket pistols at that distance.

Currently, my most accurate pocket pistol is my Glock 42 but I have large pockets.
Old June 25, 2017, 06:24 AM   #28
cluznar

Get a shotgun for rabbits! But for a pocket gun I love my Kel Tec P-32.
Old June 25, 2017, 08:18 AM   #29
bedbugbilly

Don't know how big you are or how big your pockets are . . but I once knew a guy who carried a double barrel 16 ga in his pocket - he was able to take lots of rabbits with it . . . .
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old June 25, 2017, 08:18 AM   #30
jmorris

My 1908 Colt is the most accurate compact pistol I own. My PPK' are not bad if I hold them unnaturally tight but even then, not close to what the colt will do.
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #31
vba

RickB, yeah I was shocked at how accurate my P938 is. Much better than expected, perhaps not bunny rabbit accurate but then...I don't know?
Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM   #32
greenmtnguy

I don't have one (yet), but with the good press I've been reading on the Ruger LC9s, I think that might be achievable with it as far as accuracy goes and having decent sights. It could be challenging for my to hit a rabbit with my S&W 642 at 25 yards on the first shot, but with more practice, yes. Some would consider it not a pocket gun but the new 3" Ruger LCRx with adjustable sights should be very do-able.
Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM   #33
dontcatchmany

I was dealing with a copperhead in my back yard a couple of years ago when it decided it wanted a piece of me.

I had my Sig p938 in my pocket and quickly drew and put two shots in it. That was at less than 10 feet.

I doubt that I could hit a rabbit with it at 20-25 yards. And I could not shoot that well at the range with plenty of time.

Years ago military uses of a weapon must have come into play with the stress of a poisonous snake almost in striking distance.....only thing that I could figure other than just plain luck....I would bet on the luck.