The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 8, 2009, 03:51 PM   #1
ArizonaRick

Lead Prices (Shot & Bullets)

Has anyone seen any large decline in shot or bullet prices? I buy #8 lead shot and 55 grain .223 FMJ-BT bullets as well as 9mm, 38spl, and 44 hard cast lead bullet. Lead prices have dropped over 50% in the past few month but I have not seen it "passed along yet". Has any body seen any good deals out there?
Old January 8, 2009, 04:09 PM   #2
salvadore

i bought a 500 pack of winchester promotional .22 for $13 something, I hope lead stuff is trending down.
Old January 8, 2009, 04:56 PM   #3
ShootingNut

Rick,
You know how it goes, just like the oil/gas situation, or for that matter lumber
(I'm a Builder). Prices always rise rapidly as a rule, but it's like "pullin' teeth" to get them back down. In some cases it's called "Greed".
I will say, I recently ordered some .40 lead from Dardas. A couple of days after I placed my order, Matt sent me an email saying his material costs had gone down, so he was going to SEND ME AN EXTRA 100 PCS OF LEAD!
About fell off my chair, people don't normally do that, once you have committed and paid for something. Is that just honesty, or being a good businessman building business?
Regards,
SN
PS: I thanked him for that, and added some 9mm to my order.