The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 3, 2021, 08:41 AM   #1
wild cat mccane

New CZ sig P365 coming out today

Not released yet, but announcing via facebook later today.
Old September 3, 2021, 08:44 AM   #2
Jim Watson

With everybody chasing the P365, CZ brings out a 7 shooter. Behind the times or planning on selling some and then upgrading to the now-feasible 10 shot so you have to buy two guns to be a loyal customer?
Old September 3, 2021, 09:09 AM   #3
Dain Bramage

Quote:
...so you have to buy two guns to be a loyal customer?
Only in New York. The rest of us can just swap mags.
Old September 3, 2021, 10:51 AM   #4
wild cat mccane

If you want to buy it:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024246010

As wide, weights more, and less rounds than the P365.

As a person said on the CZ facebook page, "it's like glock when they were proud to announce the G43. Wa. Wa. Wa."
or
"Is this a gun or beard oil ad?"

Kinda funny if you're into reading those types of things.

Last edited by wild cat mccane; September 3, 2021 at 10:57 AM.
Old September 3, 2021, 10:54 AM   #5
wild cat mccane

Video may prove it to be the most stupid disassembly on the market:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tBdI3DZEfw
Old September 3, 2021, 11:03 AM   #6
TunnelRat

Reminds me when FN came out with the 503. Given what else is out there, why? I guess if you really want a single stack 9mm in a CZ, you now have that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 3, 2021, 11:13 AM   #7
Carl the Floor Walker

Actually looks like a Ruger take down which I have seen others complain about, but others including myself never had a problem, actually quite simple. And actually no Bulky take down lever is a PLUS.
It looked like the guy in the video was deliberately trying to make it look hard. He sure appeared to be clumsy.
I really do not care for any new gun, but the CZ is going to appeal to a lot of fans and new shooters. The extra weight will most likely make it a good shooter and believe it or not, many folks could care less about 10 rounds and Prefer a single stack Magazine for Practical carry.
Old September 3, 2021, 11:20 AM   #8
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
many folks could care less about 10 rounds and Prefer a single stack Magazine for Practical carry.
If this was true of shooters on the whole then the SIG P365 wouldn’t have had the success it has seen. If the two pistols are identical in dimensions and weight but one carries 10 rd in a magazine and the other carries 7 I don’t get why I would buy the one with 7. If the argument is 10 vs. 7 isn’t enough of a difference to justify selling the 7 rd pistol I actually agree, but we’re talking new pistol vs. new pistol. And now 10 is starting to become more standard than unusual. The P365, Hellcat, Shield Plus, Max 9, GX4, R7. In the context of all those this seems weird. Maybe if this was particularly affordable that would be one thing, but it’s as expensive or almost as expensive as most and more expensive than the GX4.

Old September 3, 2021, 11:21 AM   #9
Carl the Floor Walker

Interesting as I almost posted that it looked like the 503 which I tested out with others a few months back. And that was a great shooting little gun.
Lol, when I posted about the lack of a bulky take down lever, I had not read the description below, only the specs further down.
I just went back and did read the description and it said.
"The first thing most people notice about the P-10 M is its completely smooth appearance. There are no controls or levers on either side of the gun other than the magazine release."
Well it was the very First thing I noticed. So they got that one right. I think we will be hearing quite a bit about this new release. Looking forward to seeing it in real life.

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; September 3, 2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old September 3, 2021, 11:38 AM   #10
wild cat mccane

I know I come off strong, but I buy most guns. Like said, a current buyer isn't going to find much or anything here to make up for the smaller capacity. Total miss here.

No one as made a P365 sized "micro" 9mm. Here, "micro" is the CZ name for the new gun. The HK isn't going to be smaller. Walther is the last chance for real P365 competition and the current Walther PPS isn't smaller.

It's all competition against the P365 for a full sized feeling gun in a single/double stack pocketable gun with buyer's preference and price for justifying going to something else.

The only new thing that will happen from here on out is a 9mm in LCP size like the DiamondBack DB9. However, it has to be functional unlike the DB9.

That will upend the carry gun market cause then the 380s become superfluous. I have high hopes this eventually happens.
Old September 3, 2021, 11:42 AM   #11
wild cat mccane

CZ accomplished no controls like the Beretta Nano with no thumb slide release, but with a wide frame. I don't think people are searching for that particular feature.

No slide release is as obtrusive as the original 9mm single stack Kahr.

meh. I bet $10 they added no controls because the width would then go into double stack size. Recall, single stacks at 1" with external controls are measured by that control protrusion. That makes this gun a grain feed boy.
Old September 3, 2021, 11:43 AM   #12
TunnelRat

Quote:
"The first thing most people notice about the P-10 M is its completely smooth appearance. There are no controls or levers on either side of the gun other than the magazine release."

The only pistol where I personally found the takedown lever or slide release to be a problem due to bulk was an HK USP, and that was incredibly bulky in order to ensure function with gloves. I like having a slide release, the removal of that isn’t a feature to me, and the takedown lever on a number of these pistols isn’t what I would personally call bulky, but to each his own.

If you want no levers at all there is also the P365 SAS, and I’m no fan of that. I watched a woman try to lock the slide of that to the rear while trying to clear a malfunction one handed as part of a drill. It was a mess.

Last edited by TunnelRat; September 3, 2021 at 11:50 AM.
Old September 3, 2021, 11:52 AM   #13
TunnelRat

If someone has a video showing it compared to a P10-S I’d be interested. In the video where it’s compared to the Glock 19c it seems very similar size wise to the S from my own memory.

Edit: part of me almost wonders if CZ didn’t go with a double stack in this form factor to avoid making the P10-S obsolete. When SIG came out with the P365 it seemed to kill the P320sc.

Last edited by TunnelRat; September 3, 2021 at 12:02 PM.
Old September 3, 2021, 11:54 AM   #14
HighDesert

This was just announced today? Did I miss something? I was forever waiting for CZ to come out with their "P365" killer I heard about from the gun stores and thought the P-10M was just another in the P-10 lineup as we awaited the big release! Odd, I saw the P-10M months ago. Something is very bizarre if this was a recent announcement!
Old September 3, 2021, 12:37 PM   #15
wild cat mccane

Announced for purchase today.

CZ bought Colt and reporting disappeared until now.
Old September 3, 2021, 12:39 PM   #16
reddog81

Quote:
I really do not care for any new gun, but the CZ is going to appeal to a lot of fans and new shooters. The extra weight will most likely make it a good shooter and believe it or not, many folks could care less about 10 rounds and Prefer a single stack Magazine for Practical carry.
I'm sure they'll sell some, but I rarely hear people in the gun store clamoring over carry guns with fewer rounds and more weight. People are usually looking for the "best" gun for them not the 4th one on the list...
Old September 3, 2021, 12:40 PM   #17
HighDesert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane View Post
Announced for purchase today.

CZ bought Colt and reporting disappeared until now.
It may well be why there's suddenly a "new and revolutionary" pistol. It's not like CZ to mess up like this. Sad.
Old September 3, 2021, 06:55 PM   #18
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
I'm sure they'll sell some, but I rarely hear people in the gun store clamoring over carry guns with fewer rounds and more weight. People are usually looking for the "best" gun for them not the 4th one on the list...
I have never paid much attention what people in guns stores are clamoring over. Really do not care. Amazing how many people in gun stores do not know much more than the ads and internet have to say. Heck, I bet the vast majority of people in gun stores have never even heard of a CZ of any kind. I think there are going to be a lot of experienced shooters out there, that will want to try out the CZ, attually shoot it and want the gun and those are the one's that don pay attention to adds, fads internet
etc.. A lot of fans as well. CZ is a smart innovative company. They always make a solid product. I do not see them caving into fads and for that I say good for them. I understand that Sig 365 have their fans just like Glock and others have theirs. But I think it is a mistake to believe all feel that a Sig 365 is the only gun to purchase.
The purchaser that shoots the gun, likes the product, the feel the weight, size the quality the way the gun actually shoots and does not listen to ads and internet Rhetoric will be the ultimate judge. A 10 rd magazine does NOT make a gun the best or above all others. A magazine is just one criteria among many.
It could be a sign that Gun manufacturers are not chasing the latest fad and going back or just focusing on a solid, well built, great shooting Pistol.
Old September 3, 2021, 06:57 PM   #19
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker
I have never paid much attention what people in guns stores are clamoring over. Really do not care.
That's great for you, but firearms manufacturers tend to care what people want to buy. Your right that there are likely people that are interested in this and will buy it, but most companies that sell commercial products would prefer a product be very successful as opposed to mildly successful.
Maintain situational awareness
Old September 3, 2021, 07:04 PM   #20
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
That's great for you, but firearms manufacturers tend to care what people want to buy. Your right that there are likely people that are interested in this and will buy it, but most companies that sell commercial products would prefer a product be very successful as opposed to mildly successful.
Actually great for a lot of folks. I bet CZ sells a million.
Old September 3, 2021, 07:07 PM   #21
TunnelRat

That may be. The P365 has been one of if not the best selling pistol for a number of the past few years though, so saying not everyone is interested in the P365, while true, is seemingly ignoring a larger segment of the market than not. From a pure business perspective that doesn't seem the wisest move. S&W has one of, imo, the best single stack small pistols on the market with the Shield. And that was a pistol that was regularly much cheaper than the P365. Yet even S&W released the Shield Plus.
Maintain situational awareness
Old September 3, 2021, 08:04 PM   #22
wild cat mccane

I wish CZ well.

But I bet we could find some BATF numbers that show the P-10 series has a whole has been a total flop in the US by units sold. I can't imagine anyone going to this for 500 dollars over any option.

An example of volume, 30,000 Walther PDPs have been imported in the US and it just came out.
Old September 3, 2021, 08:47 PM   #23
reddog81

Quote:
Actually great for a lot of folks. I bet CZ sells a million.
I’d take that bet in a heartbeat.
Old September 3, 2021, 09:45 PM   #24
cslinger

I am do believe folks can absolutely defend themselves with 8-10 rounds on tap. I also believe if you currently own a shield/PPS/G43 etc. etc. I don’t think there is a pressing need beyond your desire to buy a newer 10+ round micro compact. I think your or my for that matter Walther PPS is a perfectly capable weapon in this class.

All that said barring simple pleasure / desire you would be silly not to buy one of the current crop of 10+ round micro compacts vs a single stack counter part for a defensive weapon if you are in the market. This CZ will flop, no doubt. There are simply far better choices on the market today. I simply cannot imagine releasing a new single stack micro in today’s market unless it had some extremely obvious / useful advantage like next to no weight or the size of a “noisy cricket” or something.

Would I dump a good solid single stack micro that I was happy with? Absolutely not. Would I buy one if I was in the market today? Absolutely Not.

So if you like this CZ and purchase, as I am sure it will be a fine gun, I would highly suggest you buy parts and magazines now as this thing will be gone from the market before you know it.
Old September 3, 2021, 09:47 PM   #25
cslinger

And I like CZ’s. I am no CZ hater for the record.