The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old September 27, 2022, 02:37 PM   #76
CZRex

My go to gun would be either my CZ PCR or Springfield Mod 2 9mm 4". Both can be carried all day with ease. Both are dead on accurate and have good ergonomics. Both FEEL really good in my hand.
Old Today, 09:11 AM   #77
Smaug

If I had to pick one for that role >

> I'd pick my 3" Ruger SP-101 in 357 Mag.

It's a little small (capacity-wise) for home defense, but I have the laser grip on it, so no biggy.

It's a little big & heavy for CC, but doable with the right holster.

As it stands now, it is my home defense gun, as my current lock box won't fit a bigger gun and my wife can shoot it with some confidence.

The weather is getting cooler up here, so I occasionally carry it, but it's heavy enough that I feel like I need a proper gun belt for it, as opposed to the LCR and P365 I normally carry.

<tangent>The long-term plan is to work on the S&W 19 to get it reliable and use that for the home defense gun (wife's favorite; +1 round compared to the SP-101) and I like the LCR best for a CCW.</tangent>

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
- Eric Hoffer