The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 30, 2011, 09:30 PM   #1
DogoDon

Reloading Supplies in Charlotte, NC

I want to share my newfound knowledge of a fantastic store for reloading supplies in Charlotte. It is Little Hardware at 1400 S. Mint Street. In addition to being an awesome general hardware store, they keep a very nice inventory of reloading supplies in the "way back." Today I purchased one pound of Alliant Power Pistol, one pound of AA#2, 1000 Winchester small pistol primers, 1000 Wiinchester large pistol primers, and a box of 500 cast lead RN 45 caliber bullets for a total of $176.

Ask for Bobby Davis when you enter the store. Not only is he a heck of a nice guy, but he is a competitive shooter in pistol and rifle, so he knows his stuff.

Highly recommended.

Dogodon
Old December 31, 2011, 10:04 PM   #2
GP100man

Dogodon

I usually try to swing by Hyatt`s when I`m in the Queen City but seems they want premium $$ for there products & usually wind up walking out as they don`t budge a bit !!

BUT they do have `bout anything you`d ask for on the shelf just carry extra $$

1400 S. Mint St. , saved in the gps .
Old January 1, 2012, 02:19 PM   #3
William T. Watts

Fin Feather and Fur in Ashland, Ohio, I live in Arkansas with family ties to Oberlin about 40 miles down the road, when we visit I make sure it includes a visit to stock up on shooting supplies needed for the next year.. Another source is Sportsman's Den, Inc in Shelby, Ohio, I pass one coming in and the other as we leave, I guess I pick up what I need coming and going (pun intended)!! In central Arkansas Standard primers are $39.99 per 1k or higher, powder typically is $25 per pound and higher etc etc. William
Old January 1, 2012, 02:26 PM   #4
TheNatureBoy

Thanks for the info DogoDon. I visit Charlotte and Hyatt's twice a year. I will check the other shop out when I visit again.
Old January 2, 2012, 07:37 PM   #5
Bobpayne44

+1 for the lil hardware store, i was in there in october on the way back to nashville from wilmington, went in looked all over the store didnt see any reloading stuff then asked a guy at the counter he said come on i gotta take you back there and wnt through the plastic curtains and down a bit an wella there it all was..i was out with a lot of powder and fmj 9mm rounds and several boxs of primers all under $200
Old July 24, 2012, 07:11 PM   #6
TheNatureBoy

I know this thread is old but I just want to give two thumbs up for Little Hardware. I went by today to purchase a set of dies for my.243 and the service was exceptional. I will defintely go back when I'm in town.
Old July 25, 2012, 01:28 PM   #7
DogoDon

Glad to hear you liked it, NatureBoy! They have a pretty impressive range of supplies, particularly for a place that doesn't specialize in firearm-related merchandise.

Don