The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 9, 2010, 09:14 AM   #1
gaseousclay

The Hunter's Rifle by Clay Harvey

anyone else have this? I picked this book up at an antique store and have to say it's great reading so far. It's a helpful informational book for those looking to purchase their first rifle. Clay Harvey does a great job at reviewing the many rifle companies in existence and breaking down the various calibers. even though the book is from the late 80's, all of the information is just as relevant today as it was back then.
Old October 9, 2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Single Six

Don't have that particular book by Mr. Harvey...but I do have "Everything You Really Need To Know About Choosing A .45 Automatic For Self Defense", another book of his. It's from 1993, but it takes a hard look at several such guns by various manufacturers...and also supports what thousands of Ruger fans like me have been saying for years: The P-90 is mighty tough to beat when it comes to reliability [but on cosmetic appeal, admittedly not so much].